NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up....2024

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Here's the new flyer...Tons of great raffle prizes, vendors, demonstrations, and folks to talk about turkey hunting......... :blush:

Your $10.00 entrance fee includes a drawing for a gun, 3 guided turkey hunts on MCC property, and the Lake Sutherland draws...We also have 3 pig hunts raffles, shoulder mount of big game animal, Tricer gear, $500,00 Kuiu gift certificate, 4 more guns, a bow from Willow Creek, 1 1/2 day fishing on the Ocean Odyssey, custom turkey calls by Joe Slaton, and many, many more prices...We will also have 2 guided hunts on VID lands that don't get hunted with yours truly and Josh Kettl.

The Lake Sutherland hunt draw will be a different this year....The hunts will be drawn in order of opening day and location during the general raffle (about every 15 minutes or so)...For instance, the 1st name out of the hat will get The Corral on March 3oth...The 2nd draw will be Camp Hope on March 30th and then down the line until all 44 hunts are given away...Same for the 14 youth hunts...This is an attempt to speed up the process recommended by the city...Also, there will be no cost for the boat and motor for hunting Bloomdale and Browns Cove this year...Thank you DRAIN MOB for this donation.

The event goes on rain or shine at Lake Henshaw Resort...Lots of turkeys this year.........;)

.Spring Turkey Tune-up date fix (1).png

Got a Corral tag a few years ago and had no luck. There was a small jake, but i don't believe it was legal

There was a beardless jake out there in Corral in 2022. He came in with the long beard I shot that year.

Yep, that happens...I had a beardless 2 year old a couple years back...I'm only guessing, but this tom from last year was at least a 3 year old and had a 4" beard...Could've been the same guy...;)

Dig those spurs.....:p

IMG_0217 - Copy.JPG

How many people generally attend this event? Trying to move an appointment to attend. Looks like a good time with some great prizes!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu