Old tusker down !

Eric pecan

Jun 11, 2013
glendale ca
finally! After a month of being close due to military training, they open one of our favorite TA at the base. Last time we are at the base i found something that intrigue me ,aside from the dead Tule elk. i want to know who the culprit of this sh*&^t (Firs pix) . that day we spend the entire day following his tracks and watching his bedding area and never come out till the last light.
This morning he made a big mistake going home late. we let the young kid in our group take the shot at him with a slug gun. run 20 yards and he was down. drag him up to the side of the road for easy pickup. estimate to be around 200lbs . an old warrior no more!!

Attachments

• 642.JPG
    642.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 87
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    659.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
Dude..that really is a nice hog..congrats!! Awesome job!

Amazing!! I'm just starting out and it's great to know that pigs like that are out there. One day I'll get mine.

What was the range and rifle?

75 yards 12 gauge copper solid in Training area 25. Daq sorry for the late response . saw bigger ones that are taken by friends and other hunters at the base.you just have to know where they bed, eat and be lucky to get a big one.

Eric pecan said:
75 yards 12 gauge copper solid in Training area 25. Daq sorry for the late response . saw bigger ones that are taken by friends and other hunters at the base.you just have to know where they bed, eat and be lucky to get a big one.

No biggie. With a shotty huh? Nice. You see that report and pic of the bear on base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu