Opening day of archery deer season in Michigan

Well I arrowed a small buck this morning at 730. Didn't get good blood initially so I backed out and let him lay for a few hours. Came back in the early afternoon and was unable to get good blood still but I was able to track him through small amounts of blood and fresh tracks right to the adjacent property. The owners of the adjacent are not friendly with hunters, so I was unable to recover him. So I get one last shot at filling my tag tomorrow morning before flying back on Wednesday. :( :(

I am from Clio, Michigan.
Haven't been there in years, but I was told there is just as many deer in the south as there used to be up North.
Post pics.

SCGH- Yeah came home empty handed, at least my bow made it to Michigan and back safely thanks to the SKB case.

Ratz- There are more deer in the southern part of Michigan than the Northern part now. Although the northern Lower Peninsula has had a recent rebound on there deer population. The U.P. deer numbers are low but hopefully this years wolf hunt up there will help a bit.

good to hear story's from the mitten way out here bummer you didnt get any though im from Livingston county originally wish i could go back before i hunted i would see fields full of deer near cohacta. hopefully i get to go back east soon and harvest some white tail

Every time I go back I hunt or I try too. Generally head home after October 1st. Will be going back in July going to hunt some farms with all year tags.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu