Party Tag on a Draw

8SteelTown

I'm shooting for a G13 tag this year. What I don't know is: if I have zero points and my father in law (Nevada resident) has zero points, would we both have to buy 1st deer tag point and G13 request our second tag? If I go solo, would I still have to purchase 1st tag as a point? Based off 2014 data, 300 tags, 270 of them had a point or more (30 picked at random). Looks like I have to have at least 1 point to get a much better chance. Thoughts?

Are you looking to get a point or draw a tag? If you want the tag just apply for g-13 with your first preference. If you dont draw you will get a point which would help you get it next year. Applying for a point and then second choice as g-13 will not help you in any way unless your trying to build points.

dano626 said:
Are you looking to get a point or draw a tag? If you want the tag just apply for g-13 with your first preference. If you dont draw you will get a point which would help you get it next year. Applying for a point and then second choice as g-13 will not help you in any way unless your trying to build points.

I want the tag.

It appears that 90% of the tags issued were to people with 1 or more points. It didn't say specifically that you could draw the tag with zero points. That's why I was thinking I would have to buy a point first. Hunting this year vs waiting till next year.

Ive drawn it with zero points. Its a roll of the dice. I think that with the D16 being premium last year anyone that had a point just went after the G13 instead of burning a point on D16 in the hope they could get a D16 OTC later on. I did notice that no one drew the tag that didnt have at least one point unless it was the random thirty tags. No one drew G13 as a second choice. If I was you I would just apply as first choice. If you dont get the tag you at least get a point for next year.

Put in for it as 1 choice cause you might be able to draw it, if you don't then you get a point for next year

Put in for it. My son drew the tag a few years back with 0 points. So it doesn't hurt to try.

Back