Recovered Barnes TTSX Today!!!!!!!

My daughter shot the exact same gun and exact same shell.......Dropped her 1st buck with it this year.

Attachments

• IMG_9246.JPG
    IMG_9246.JPG
    794.9 KB · Views: 59
ilovesprig said:
My daughter shot the exact same gun and exact same shell.......Dropped her 1st buck with it this year.

Wow supper impressive!!! I can only wish for a chance at a buck like that !!!!! Luckily I'm 21 and have a few years to tune my hunting loads, skills, technique, and locate the deer and there patterns before I start a family maybe and can share my knowledge and adventures with my kids..... !!!! And shoot a great bullet lol

Here is a Barnes TSX from a 250# hog. The TSX is the ONLY bullet I will shoot. They just perform flawlessly.

Attachments

• Pig hunt 010.JPG
    Pig hunt 010.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
  • Pig hunt 021.JPG
    Pig hunt 021.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
Doesn't get much better than that. What caliber and what was the range? Entrance through the lower ribs I see?

Anyone heard of or tried GS Custom Bullets? I've been loading them for a few years with great success. I like how the petals shear off at high speeds (above 2400 fps impact velocity), and at low speeds they mushroom out nicely. I've found that the flat face that the bullet makes at high velocities makes a really nice wound channel and continues straight through the animal even if you hit bones at weird angles. A friend of mine put a 40 gr. 223 rem into a 350-400 pound boar that was facing him 25yds away and the bullet punched clean through the skull and was plowing through vertebrae. The bullet stopped just short of the tail and is to date the only GS bullet that I have recovered from an animal.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9k8G6VSe9s&list=PLIE9Tw9vt6LJpsuNSGQPatlpqiyTUYY1v[/youtube]

ilovesprig said:

Haha I could only dream of putting a bullet in a buck like that ilovesprig hans
congrats

But personally I plan to use barnes bullets on anything over 150lbs..... or anything with thick and heavy skin or bone

I have just lost confidence in this bullet for our smaller bodied deer here in D16..... I personally think a bullet with more violent expansion will dumb more energy into the deer then in the dirt behind it.....

I got some new bullets I'm going to put through the ringer this year and decide on which is faster, more accurate, and leaves good wounding

Btw that muzzle loader bullet is super sweet defiantly the right bullet for the quarry there !!!!!!11

I have been using Barnes bullets in my 7 mag for a very long time.
I shoot 140's and 160's without having to adjust my scope.
I have shot deer, antelope, and pigs and have NEVER had an issue with a bullet failure.
I use the TTSX in my .243 and the gun loves them. again, never had a failure.
in my .223 I use the Remington Razor back in .64 Grain. Ive killed a lot of pigs with them and have been impressed with their performance.
Ive yet to have an animal complain that I shot them with a copper bullet...

CaptJgray said:
I have been using Barnes bullets in my 7 mag for a very long time.
I shoot 140's and 160's without having to adjust my scope.
I have shot deer, antelope, and pigs and have NEVER had an issue with a bullet failure.
I use the TTSX in my .243 and the gun loves them. again, never had a failure.
in my .223 I use the Remington Razor back in .64 Grain. Ive killed a lot of pigs with them and have been impressed with their performance.
Ive yet to have an animal complain that I shot them with a copper bullet...

That is exactly what I am talking about!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu