Reporting in from Temescal Valley

MrDenton

Jan 17, 2015
Howdy all. Looking for as much info on Coyote hunting as I can get. From the call/decoys to skinning and selling of the hides.

Oath Keeper

You might get yourself a trappers license before you go selling hides and get fines and free room accomodations.

Really? The ranger in the corona location made no mention of that. She just said "maybe you can sell the hides to a local taxidermist?" Crazy! Glad I asked. Thank you

Oath Keeper

that what i understood as well. no selling hides in california except with a trappers lic. Most rangers have no idea about hunting. the ones around me in the angeles forrest will tell you all kinds of wrong things. always refer to fish and game..opps fish and wildlife

GSPman said:
that what i understood as well. no selling hides in california except with a trappers lic. Most rangers have no idea about hunting. the ones around me in the angeles forrest will tell you all kinds of wrong things. always refer to fish and game..opps fish and wildlife

+1

GSPman said:

A veteran ranger, at the dove opener, told me most guys coming in now have never hunted or fished. He said, "it's like becoming a CHP when you hate driving!"

msteiger said:
A veteran ranger, at the dove opener, told me most guys coming in now have never hunted or fished. He said, "it's like becoming a CHP when you hate driving!"
... or maybe more like a CHP who takes the bus to work and doesn't understand why anyone would need their own POV.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu