Rifle

topher1111

Sep 30, 2014
I'm shopping hunting rifles. Preferably 30-06. What would all of you recommend? I don't know a lot about rifles because I am only 15. Anything helps, thank you.

With that I would go savage or Ruger. You're going to need optics. Is that in the same budget?

Sdbirds said:
With that I would go savage or Ruger. You're going to need optics. Is that in the same budget?

ok thanks. there is a Nikon scope that I like and it is about $150 I think so I have an idea about what scope I want to get.

I would go savage or Ruger I would say that's the best bang for your buck

Sdbirds said:

+1.....If you go Savage get the Axis ll with Accu-Trigger......The Ruger American comes with there version as well.

ilovesprig said:
Sdbirds said:

+1.....If you go Savage get the Axis ll with Accu-Trigger......The Ruger American comes with there version as well.

Alright, Thank you guys very much, that helps a lot :)

Savage axis on sale at bass pro sub 350 also has rebate and you get a bushnell scope. Not the best but will do

Ruger American with Redifeld Revolution scope (2-7x33 or 3-9x40) That will put you shlightly over you 450 budget. But if you can save a little more it is a great set up.

Ajsnack said:
Ruger American with Redifeld Revolution scope (2-7x33 or 3-9x40) That will put you shlightly over you 450 budget. But if you can save a little more it is a great set up.

ok thank you

Hey topher I own a couple different savages and a few Ruger Americans. The Rugers are tack driver's from my experience. For the price you can't bet them. The Rugers also have a beefier bolt. If you look at your local gun shops you can find them cheaper than bass pro. I haven't spent more than $300.00 on mine. Just wondering why do you want a 30-06?

Go used much better guns in that price range than the savage or ruger.......like Steve said Win mod 70 in 06 does the job!

As a kid it was 22lr, 12ga & 30-06 didn't need another gun

Nicholas909 said:
Hey topher I own a couple different savages and a few Ruger Americans. The Rugers are tack driver's from my experience. For the price you can't bet them. The Rugers also have a beefier bolt. If you look at your local gun shops you can find them cheaper than bass pro. I haven't spent more than $300.00 on mine. Just wondering why do you want a 30-06?

ok thanks. Because you can put different weight bullets in just one gun when you have a 30-06.

topher1111 said:
Nicholas909 said:

ok thanks. Because you can put different weight bullets in just one gun when you have a 30-06.

You can do that with every gun

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu