Rifle

I'm shopping hunting rifles. Preferably 30-06. What would all of you recommend? I don't know a lot about rifles because I am only 15. Anything helps, thank you.

With that I would go savage or Ruger. You're going to need optics. Is that in the same budget?

Sdbirds said:
With that I would go savage or Ruger. You're going to need optics. Is that in the same budget?

ok thanks. there is a Nikon scope that I like and it is about $150 I think so I have an idea about what scope I want to get.

I would go savage or Ruger I would say that's the best bang for your buck

Sdbirds said:

+1.....If you go Savage get the Axis ll with Accu-Trigger......The Ruger American comes with there version as well.

ilovesprig said:
Sdbirds said:

+1.....If you go Savage get the Axis ll with Accu-Trigger......The Ruger American comes with there version as well.

Alright, Thank you guys very much, that helps a lot :)

Savage axis on sale at bass pro sub 350 also has rebate and you get a bushnell scope. Not the best but will do

Ruger American with Redifeld Revolution scope (2-7x33 or 3-9x40) That will put you shlightly over you 450 budget. But if you can save a little more it is a great set up.

Ajsnack said:
Ruger American with Redifeld Revolution scope (2-7x33 or 3-9x40) That will put you shlightly over you 450 budget. But if you can save a little more it is a great set up.

ok thank you

Hey topher I own a couple different savages and a few Ruger Americans. The Rugers are tack driver's from my experience. For the price you can't bet them. The Rugers also have a beefier bolt. If you look at your local gun shops you can find them cheaper than bass pro. I haven't spent more than $300.00 on mine. Just wondering why do you want a 30-06?

Nicholas909 said:
Just wondering why do you want a 30-06?

The real question is why wouldn't you? ;)

Just saying...

Go used much better guns in that price range than the savage or ruger.......like Steve said Win mod 70 in 06 does the job!

As a kid it was 22lr, 12ga & 30-06 didn't need another gun

Nicholas909 said:
Hey topher I own a couple different savages and a few Ruger Americans. The Rugers are tack driver's from my experience. For the price you can't bet them. The Rugers also have a beefier bolt. If you look at your local gun shops you can find them cheaper than bass pro. I haven't spent more than $300.00 on mine. Just wondering why do you want a 30-06?

ok thanks. Because you can put different weight bullets in just one gun when you have a 30-06.

topher1111 said:
Nicholas909 said:

ok thanks. Because you can put different weight bullets in just one gun when you have a 30-06.

You can do that with every gun

Back