San Jacinto

hardcore4waterfal

Oct 20, 2015
Escondido
Well where do i start....last night and today i had a blast with an old friend and some new ones. We camped off the side of the road down the street from San Jacinto and laugh and told stories about hunting and we ended the night with a bbq all in preparation for what we all knew was going to be one of our greatest waterfowl hunting trips together. when we woke up we drove to the registration office with 15 our draw we picked our blind. where we killer it, we limited out in no time. thanks for the great time guys.

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 2015-10-24_23.50.43.jpg
    2015-10-24_23.50.43.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 2015-10-24_23.49.15.jpg
    2015-10-24_23.49.15.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2015-10-24_23.50.05.jpg
    2015-10-24_23.50.05.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 60
I'll throw mine into the mix. My first time at San J. Was like dove opener times 1000. Look left and they're coming right. Fast, fast, fast. Got my limit and went for some quail birds after. Great times with friends. And MAN can that dog hunt!!!

Great going guys.......It was fast & furious out there.....Thanks for sharing your hunt & pix..... ;D

ps.....That one spoon dog looks like an New Zealand spoonie....... ;D

.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE8kzbxVIRlOUZmsOTP4qDmeMkLwhkrI_UFDeBIC_LuByOdvAT

It was an epic opening season. At one point about 15 mins before shoot time, I swear 2000 birds got up off our pound and blocked the morning light out for about 10 seconds. It's was the amazing to see that many birds

Great hunt with good friends

We had big fun ended 1 shy each of limits (foster son doesn't shoot too well yet) rest of us limited

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
8SteelTown said:
I'll throw mine into the mix. My first time at San J. Was like dove opener times 1000. Look left and they're coming right. Fast, fast, fast. Got my limit and went for some quail birds after. Great times with friends. And MAN can that dog hunt!!!

Ahhh man. The coot wasn't worthy of the tailgate shot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ilovesprig said:

.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE8kzbxVIRlOUZmsOTP4qDmeMkLwhkrI_UFDeBIC_LuByOdvAT

Which one are you referencing Steve? I see an ellipse on a duck in the pick with the bids hanging from his neck, but I thought Bwt or even a ringneck.

nicapopolis said:
ilovesprig said:

Which one are you referencing Steve? I see an ellipse on a duck in the pick with the bids hanging from his neck, but I thought Bwt or even a ringneck.

Nick,

Post #2......3rd picture down, top spoonie on the strap.

ilovesprig said:
nicapopolis said:
ilovesprig said:

Nick,

Yup. Looks like a kiwi. What's up with that?

Bonejour said:
ilovesprig said:
nicapopolis said:
ilovesprig said:

Nick,

Yup. Looks like a kiwi. What's up with that?
So tough to make a call. I've shot early season spoons that look similar. I think it has to do with how they get their plumage.

One thing I do know is that Trig has shot a lot more spoons than I have in my lifetime.

I'm guessing the bird is breasted and in the trash. So we may never know.

Nick,

I don't trash any spoonie (rice excepted).......They all taste the same in my chili....... ;)

And yeah, it's just an eclipsed drake.....But does look like a kiwi..... ;D

ilovesprig said:
Nick,

I don't trash any spoonie (rice excepted).......They all taste the same in my chili....... ;)

And yeah, it's just an eclipsed drake.....But does look like a kiwi..... ;D

I tossed one bird because of rice ! Fing gross

7 birds on the strap and you're giving me ish about 3 coots on my hand? Waterfowl snobs. FYI, I ate 1 coot, 1 spoonie, and 1 ruddy yesterday. Have 3 more ducks in the fridge. Took the coots for the team and that should be enough.

2 mallards this morning. 1 m 1 f

Hang on now...........I don't think there's anyone saying anything about the coots........I find it great that you turned them in...... 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu