Season opener!!

Well I know without pics it's BS.
But was out with @Goyaałé
I was doing still hunting. I spotted two does out in field. Problem was I was caught in the open. No cover.
And it was getting late evening.
Sun going down.
I stood perfectly still. Then I slowly would step making little noise as possible. I spotted them at 118 yards. Used my range finder.
Within 1/2 hour or more I closed to 40 yards. It got dark and no buck around. Called it a day.
I was tree stump did not move unless there was Jay's or woodpeckers squawking.
Best
Longbow

I hunt yesterday on one secret spot in the morning wiht a lot of fresh signs, but didnt see any deer in all morning so afternoon I back to laguna area and 25 min before dark I see 5 does crossing the road from my treestand , 2 min later a big forke at 200 yds so I get down and try take a shoot on that one .
go up over the ridge 300 yds and back and down the mountain he jumps from 30 yds behind the brush and stop again at 76 yds I try to follow but he always maintain 80 or 90 yds with me, frustated I back to the car when I walk on the road , wow big buck crossing the road at 100 yds I start walking faster and quiet , to try a shoot , but he never stop to walk.
with all the presure from hunters they was more nocturnal now and even big bucks they dont out before total dark.
I back on weekend again.
Good luck all and be safe out there.

I hunt yesterday on one secret spot in the morning wiht a lot of fresh signs, but didnt see any deer in all morning so afternoon I back to laguna area and 25 min before dark I see 5 does crossing the road from my treestand , 2 min later a big forke at 200 yds so I get down and try take a shoot on that one .
go up over the ridge 300 yds and back and down the mountain he jumps from 30 yds behind the brush and stop again at 76 yds I try to follow but he always maintain 80 or 90 yds with me, frustated I back to the car when I walk on the road , wow big buck crossing the road at 100 yds I start walking faster and quiet , to try a shoot , but he never stop to walk.
with all the presure from hunters they was more nocturnal now and even big bucks they dont out before total dark.
I back on weekend again.
Good luck all and be safe out there.[/QUOTE:
Dang good day because you spotted deer. But tough because the deer were tough to hunt. Deal is once they know you're there or busted it's
Tough to stalk them. Try to resist to chasing them.
Because they seriously don't like it.
Think in there mind
If you were being chased in a certain area would you go back?
They will go nocturnal or just split.
Be patient, stalk in slow motion.
Once busted back out. Wait it out
Just my 2 cents
Longbow

Reactions: oscar
I was doing still hunting. I spotted two does out in field. Problem was I was caught in the open. No cover.
Sun going down.
I stood perfectly still. Then I slowly would step making little noise as possible. I spotted them at 118 yards. Used my range finder.
Within 1/2 hour or more I closed to 40 yards. It got dark and no buck around. Called it a day.
Best
Longbow
Thank you for coming with me. I enjoy your company. I appreciate your wisdom. I camped that night. Had a visitor that night. My back window is 4ft high. It seems like every time I go out he or she blesses me with sign.
Sun going down.
Best
Longbow
Thank you for coming out with me on my first hunt of the season. I enjoy your company and appreciate your wisdom. Also thank you so much for the coffee. You are a life saver. It was good in the morning. Camp coffee is the best. I saw 2 doe the first day and I think the same 2 doe from my stand the 2nd day. They were to far and behind cover. I had a visitor that night as well. My window is 4ft high. One print to the left of wiper and the other under wiper... I feel like the puma is my spirit animal or will be my demise. Jajajjajajaja!! Got my stand 10 inch Bowie just in case.

Attachments

• 20180906_144655.jpg
    20180906_144655.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180906_144658.jpg
    20180906_144658.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180906_144702.jpg
    20180906_144702.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180906_144702.jpg
    20180906_144702.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20180906_151555_666.jpg
    IMG_20180906_151555_666.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180906_080417.jpg
    20180906_080417.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180905_202256.jpg
    20180905_202256.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20180906_151555_668.jpg
    IMG_20180906_151555_668.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank you for coming with me. I enjoy your company. I appreciate your wisdom. I camped that night. Had a visitor that night. My back window is 4ft high. It seems like every time I go out he or she blesses me with sign.

Thank you for coming out with me on my first hunt of the season. I enjoy your company and appreciate your wisdom. Also thank you so much for the coffee. You are a life saver. It was good in the morning. Camp coffee is the best. I saw 2 doe the first day and I think the same 2 doe from my stand the 2nd day. They were to far and behind cover. I had a visitor that night as well. My window is 4ft high. One print to the left of wiper and the other under wiper... I feel like the puma is my spirit animal or will be my demise. Jajajjajajaja!! Got my stand 10 inch Bowie just in case.

Pleasure was mine. Thank you for your kind words. Lots of deer moving that's a good sign. I bet the big boys were a round.
If I may, I am calling you "ndolkah" (cougar). In apache Hunt like a cougar.
I had a great time.
Longbow

Reactions: Goyaałé
Pleasure was mine. Thank you for your kind words. Lots of deer moving that's a good sign. I bet the big boys were a round.
If I may, I am calling you "ndolkah" (cougar). In apache Hunt like a cougar.
I had a great time.
Longbow
Thank you my Native Brother.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu