Sister saw this dog outside her office

kmundia14

Apr 16, 2013
She works near a golf course, not that surprised. I've seen a lot of them in that neighborhood.

Attachments

• yote.jpg
    yote.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 161
I've been golfing a bunch of times and popped a hill and surprised them. Once course in the hills of Temecula, this one wasn't spooked by me at all. Wish I had something stronger than my irons! Lots of Peter Cottontail to manja manja on.

8SteelTown said:
I've been golfing a bunch of times and popped a hill and surprised them. Once course in the hills of Temecula, this one wasn't spooked by me at all. Wish I had something stronger than my irons! Lots of Peter Cottontail to manja manja on.

I think I could take a coyote with an iron

get permission to go hunt it at night and get rid of them as a fav ;)

ivhunter said:
get permission to go hunt it at night and get rid of them as a fav ;)

Hard enough to get farmers / ranchers to allow for that... would be friggin AWESOME to get a golf course all to yourself! Pretty much guaranteed that they aren't pressured. Hunt rabbits with a pellet gun after last group cleared the course. Overnight yote hunt afterwards. I'd pay for that kind of fun!

What you need to do is practice hitting the ball at the coyote. Range them and knock em in the head.
would be the funniest thing in the world if you actually knocked one out! Good looking dog too!

Coyotes adapt and go everywhere, esp if they get food and not shot at. I have a feed yard customer with them coming up to his house and in the feed yard (they're gonna take dirt naps soon). A friend in LA posted a pic of one in the city yesterday.

pretty sure that the golf coarse owners like the coyotes because they eat the rabbits and they don't want the rabbits there same with alpha farmers they don't like you shooting the coyotes but don't care about the rabbits .

Never met a farmer who didn't want the coyotes shot...

The golf course thingy seems logical.

I've always had mixed feelings about shooting coyotes in my turkey areas........I know they're opportunists and would eat a poult or turkey, if they can catch one (which they don't do easily)...... I also know, we have a ton of bobcats in San Diego Co..... Coyotes eat kittens......And they are the #1 killer of turkeys.....On one survey in Pamo Valley. 14 hens & 3 toms were radioed....All but 3 of the hens died the 1st spring from bobcats.

On a side note, my old roommate Jeff actually got one of the 3 radioed toms, 3 years later.....We called him hop-a-long because he had foot rot and walked with a limp.....11 1/2" beard, 1 3/4" spurs, and only weighted 13 lbs......He was definitely on his last leg........lol

Well if any of you alfalfa, avocado, cattle farmers need a volunteer hired gun, I'm more than happy to oblige! And if you manage a golf course, I'll gladly take some cottons or some dogs off your greens and play for free (is that asking TOO much). Was at Marbella Country Club in San Juan Capistrano on Saturday and a yote was 20 yards from me on the course yippin and howlin... looked at my buddy and said "wish I had my shottie"!

Coyotes and cubs

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/cougars-vs-coyotes-photos-draw-internet-crowd/article_f6ecdb1a-a051-11e2-85a3-001a4bcf887a.html

Coool. People are SHOCKED when I tell them that coyotes have no natural predators (except maybe wolves). They always reply with "yeah except Mountain Lions". Not so much.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu