Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
It's that time of year again........About the 20th annual NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-up......The drawing is at San Vicente Reservoir parking lot. The hunts are for Sutherland Lake property. Adult, youth, & Wounded Warrior hunts will be available.....The event starts 8:30 am.

Lots of info on turkey hunting here in our county and turkey hunting in general.....I will have a booth for the County Fish & Wildlife Commissioners. I will also have many kinds of decoys and calls available to try out......Expert calling will be on site as well as to show you how to use each kind of call.

There will also be vendors on site as well, including the Bow & arrow Shop.

Hope to see many of you out there.

Steve

ps.....Don't forget to bring your hunting license or hunter safety certificate.

Attachments

• IMG_6237.JPG
    IMG_6237.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0521.JPG
    DSCF0521.JPG
    568.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    758 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6258.JPG
    IMG_6258.JPG
    693.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6242.JPG
    IMG_6242.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    702.4 KB · Views: 68
We will be there. Do you know haw many spots will be drawn for Sutherland? I talked to someone who said it is only around 5?

Truduct said:
We will be there. Do you know haw many spots will be drawn for Sutherland? I talked to someone who said it is only around 5?

It's closer to 60......4 sites x 3 days a week x 5 weeks.

msteiger said:
Steve-I'm going to try to make it. Do we need to be there at 8:30 to enter the draw or does it run all day?

Matt,

You need to be there by 11:20 am to be included in the draws......I'd be there by 11:00 am......Check-in can take a little time depending on how many show up late.

ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:
Steve-I'm going to try to make it. Do we need to be there at 8:30 to enter the draw or does it run all day?

Matt,

You need to be there by 11:20 am to be included in the draws......I'd be there by 11:00 am......Check-in can take a little time depending on how many show up late.

Alright. I can probably manage to drag my ass out of bed by 11. Thanks!

Steve, I'll be there start to finish Saturday. Paul hasn't assigned me to any specific duties (yet).

Bonejour said:
Steve, I'll be there start to finish Saturday. Paul hasn't assigned me to any specific duties (yet).

He will Don.........We all get there like 7:00 am........Setting up is a big job and we can really use the help there.

Truduct said:

don't listen to to hype Truduct their trying to scare you away to better their chances of a draw!!! :-X

don't listen to to hype Truduct their trying to scare you away to better their chances of a draw!!! :-X
[/quote]

Lol! Seriously! I actually made a phone call to a friendyesterday and he is the one who told me 5-7. What a jerk. The guy is a very active turkey hunter and was complaining about how big the event is getting.

I am excited for the event my wife is getting her license because she really wants to shoot a Turkey. Hopefully this event will turn my hobby into a family hobby.

Truduct said:
I am excited for the event my wife is getting her license because she really wants to shoot a Turkey. Hopefully this event will turn my hobby into a family hobby.
That's cool

Friendly reminder don't forget your hunting license, every year people forget their license or don't have one yet and have to take off and go get one, and others don't care
get drawn and are then pissed off cause they don't have their license.

:'(

There's tons of newbies in SoCal and especially on SCH.......This event is the perfect format to get to know San Diego Co, ask questions to forestry, Fish & Wildlife, and others that know the county very well.......The hunting of turkeys opens the doors to many other species.

ps......The event goes off..........Rain or shine......... ;)

Attachments

• turkey tune-up 2012 011.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 011.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 72
  • turkey tune-up 2012 002.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 002.JPG
    762.1 KB · Views: 62
  • turkey tune-up  2011 001.old.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2011 001.old.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 61
SurfNHuntSD said:
My buddy I usually hunt with might not be able to make it.. if I roll solo and get drawn, I assume there's others willing to jump on the ticket with me?
There's always someone given a holler to jump on.

Sent from my Torque

SurfNHuntSD said:
My buddy I usually hunt with might not be able to make it.. if I roll solo and get drawn, I assume there's others willing to jump on the ticket with me?

Id do it and I will be entering the drawing as well, so I will extend the same offer to you.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Cool. Or I'll look for whoevers wearing a SCH shirt haha.

Maybe I should bring some write-on name badges at my booth......That way SCH guys can team up...... ;)

OR SCH COULD HAVE A BOOTH AND SELL T-SHIRTS...... :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu