Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2015

ilovesprig said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
Cool. Or I'll look for whoevers wearing a SCH shirt haha.

Maybe I should bring some write-on name badges at my booth......That way SCH guys can team up...... ;)

OR SCH COULD HAVE A BOOTH AND SELL T-SHIRTS...... :)

Are the SCH T-Shirts available at FFA or do I have to buy them online. Wouldn't mind getting a hoodie.

Truduct said:
ilovesprig said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
Cool. Or I'll look for whoevers wearing a SCH shirt haha.

Maybe I should bring some write-on name badges at my booth......That way SCH guys can team up...... ;)

OR SCH COULD HAVE A BOOTH AND SELL T-SHIRTS...... :)

Are the SCH T-Shirts available at FFA or do I have to buy them online. Wouldn't mind getting a hoodie.

FFA and The Bow and Arrow Shop both have t-shirts.

SurfNHuntSD said:
My buddy I usually hunt with might not be able to make it.. if I roll solo and get drawn, I assume there's others willing to jump on the ticket with me?

yes but just do it quietly to avoid causing a stampede in your direction. :-\

So this will be my first time going. Do vendors have stuff for sale at discounted prices or just stuff for sale.

chava714 said:
So this will be my first time going. Do vendors have stuff for sale at discounted prices or just stuff for sale.

Actually nothing can be sold on site.......Although, I'm sure some discounted stuff does get passed on.......The event is more oriented to showing the stuff that's needed to hunt turkeys and the on hand use of the calls.

Ah I see, more of a shot show but for turkeys. That's cool just wanted to know if I had to bring more $$ to buy stuff there. Well can't wait and if all goes well I'll be there early. One last question if I were to win a spot on the drawing what kind of fee I am I looking at. Just want to be prepared just in case.

This looks awesome! I have never hunted turkey, but I really want to this year. I guess this would be a great place to start.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Hey Sprig, what's the entry gift this year? I still use my NWTF knife and WD40 pen from previous years. Haha.

$10.00............I don't know if the 10 bucks even pays for the overhead of the event.

Chava,

There will be stuff to purchase. Like SCH t-shirts....... ;).........The cost of the draw for the blind reservation is $20.00 (split for 2 hunters). Your hunting permit is $10.00.......If you want a motor boat. That's another $29.50. You'll need one or a motor for a row boat, if you draw Bloomdale.......Only cash or checks are accepted......NO CREDIT CARDS.

So any were from 40-80 for the hunt depending on what and if I am drawn. Sounds like a fun time. Now I have I more questions and can't wait. So is it Friday night yet? ;)

SurfNHuntSD said:
Couple years ago I drew Bloomdale but forgot my $29.50 on hunt day for the motor. We had a nice morning row at 0400 with only a couple headlamps and a low powered flashlight!

With the lake as low as it is.......It's only about 100 yds across now....... :(

Hm yea thought of that. I haven't seen Sutherland in awhile but if its anything like Morena and Barrett I imagine its looowww. Watch for the rockpile in the middle and the fun mud when beaching your craft!

Lumpy said:
Look forward to meeting you Steve as well as others.
See ya in a few days.
God Bless

Shawn,

It should be a great day and time.........Man, I love these guys....... ;)

From this morning........ :p

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    691.8 KB · Views: 58
It has been 3 years since I've been to the turkey tune up, but I plan to go tomorrow.
Question: three years ago they had an outdoor shooting range at the tune up for purposes of patterning a shotgun. Will there be the same at this year's event? (I don't think that there will be because I don't see it in the flier, but wanted to ask.)
Dan

Ill be there tomorrow as well. If I notice you from your pics on the site I will introduce myself. See ya tomorrow!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu