Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2015

DanSanDiego said:
It has been 3 years since I've been to the turkey tune up, but I plan to go tomorrow.
Question: three years ago they had an outdoor shooting range at the tune up for purposes of patterning a shotgun. Will there be the same at this year's event? (I don't think that there will be because I don't see it in the flier, but wanted to ask.)
Dan

No.........That's when the tune-up was at Lake Sutherland.........Too bad it's not still up there. Loved that format.

Just to clarify if my wife and son have proof of hunters safety school that will work to get in the drawing correct?

Rules and Requirements:
Only one entry per person, duplicates will disqualify your entry. Winners may register one partner who must be registered as well; both parties must present a valid California hunting license when registering.

Aeon said:
Rules and Requirements:
Only one entry per person, duplicates will disqualify your entry. Winners may register one partner who must be registered as well; both parties must present a valid California hunting license when registering.
Ya that is why I ask when sprig posted this he said valid license or proof of hunters safety. I will get there licenses but would rather wait until July if they don't win a hunt. Saves me $70 bucks. I doubt I will get my wife out on any of my public land hunts. But if it's needed I will go grab them in the morning.

Great job today. Thank you to all of the volunteers who put in their time! I really liked the demonstrations and stories. I didn't win a hunt day, but neither did most guys there! I did get to talk to some hunters and put some faces to names. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Spring Turkey Tuneup.jpg
    Spring Turkey Tuneup.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
It was a great event. Thanks to sprig for answering all my questions and for the demonstrations. Alot of people there today. I didnt win a hunt either but had a great time.

Chadwick said:
2 things: I was there with my big Mastiff, Buck. And I was the ONLY guy wearing a SCH shirt that I saw.
Michael Chadwick
I bought a shirt and sweatshirt. That was a mastiff? I thought it was a horse.

Chadwick said:
2 things: I was there with my big Mastiff, Buck. And I was the ONLY guy wearing a SCH shirt that I saw.
Michael Chadwick

Awesome dog Mike!..... :-\........It was nice meeting you too.

Great time today........Met a lot of SCH'ers and always great seeing lots of old friends........Hope I was able to answer most your questions.......376 paid customers. So, it was a tough draw this year for the 58 spots....... ;)

It was also a pleasure meeting Shawn (Lumpy)....... Boys, this kid can call....... ;D

A couple of pix from today.

Attachments

• DSCF0602.JPG
    DSCF0602.JPG
    735.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0605.JPG
    DSCF0605.JPG
    890.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0608.JPG
    DSCF0608.JPG
    690.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0606.JPG
    DSCF0606.JPG
    929.7 KB · Views: 51
Great event guys! I met Chadwick briefly and I won the raffle for a hunt. I didn't have (I didn't know about it) a hunting partner so I'll be hunting Bloomdale solo for my second ever Turkey hunt and first on the west coast.

I'll probably be asking a bunch of questions and will welcome any tips for a successful hunt ;D

Congrats Gregg..........I'll keep you posted as the season progresses.........I'll see if we can't get you a hunting partner.........What's your date?

Thanks! I'm pretty excited. April 20th Bloomdale. I'd love to have a more seasoned partner for this hunt, let me know if that is possible.

Chadwick said:
Michael Chadwick
It was great meeting some of the other SCH guys today, Don, Steve, Johnny. And yea Chadwick your dog's a beast! Reminds me of the Sandlot. Congrats to the drawing winners, best of luck. I bought a SCH shirt so u won't be the only one with it next time.

Fun event. Mike, you just didn't see my t shirt logo because of the vest I was wearing over it ;). Nice seeing a few of the guys out there too: besides Steve, Bruce and me working the event, Josh, Johnny, MJB, Dano, Jason, Mike Chadwick, Bruce (had the booth next to Steve) and Truduct. Got t shirts and hoodies to those who'd asked for them. Thanks NBK for helping me do that. Jason and Drew (and Steve) will be rockin' their gear next time I'm sure.

Great event! No Southerland turkey hunt for me, but it did get me excited for the upcoming season.

Hey fellas, I'm new to the area and just wondering if I can get onto the Southerland land before the hunt to do some scouting? I can't find any info on hours. I drew for the northern area that needs a boat to access, I have a kayak but I'm assuming they have boats I can rent.

I'd like to get up there early around 5AM if possible. Thanks guys.

gregg said:
Hey fellas, I'm new to the area and just wondering if I can get onto the Sutherland land before the hunt to do some scouting? I can't find any info on hours. I drew for the northern area that needs a boat to access, I have a kayak but I'm assuming they have boats I can rent.

They do have boats to rent the morning of the hunt....$29.50.....As far as scouting, you can go out there to fish and you could just oh, walk the shore some...... ;)......I think the lake opens at 6:00 am.

ilovesprig said:
gregg said:
Hey fellas, I'm new to the area and just wondering if I can get onto the Sutherland land before the hunt to do some scouting? I can't find any info on hours. I drew for the northern area that needs a boat to access, I have a kayak but I'm assuming they have boats I can rent.

They do have boats to rent the morning of the hunt....$29.50.....As far as scouting, you can go out there to fish and you could just oh, walk the shore some...... ;)......I think the lake opens at 6:00 am.

Perfect, thanks sprig :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu