Story: 700 lb charging boar taken in NC

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/30/father-son-bag-charging-700-pound-hog-in-north-carolina/

Thought I'd share this story I saw this morning. Father and son duo had a 700 lb boar charge them and luckily they dropped him. Hogzilla returns.

Can you imagine coming across that dude at dark thirty hunting turkeys........ :-\

ps.....3 years ago while sneaking in on some roosting turkeys in New Mexico, I did just that.......Fortunately, it was as afraid of me as I was of him...... :eek:

Terrific! Its always great to hear a good father-son hunting story.... Might be time to start carrying a side arm during hikes in the mid-Atlantic region.

I want my baby back baby back baby back ;D
They're gonna need a bigger freezer.

Mike711 said:
Not too difficult to catch a young feral pig, raise it in a pen...then release it and shoot it for club or location publicity.

I have seen it done.

:)
ya my first thought was that hogzilla story from a few years ago. That is exactly what happend.

Mike711 said:
Not too difficult to catch a young feral pig, raise it in a pen...then release it and shoot it for club or location publicity.

I have seen it done.

:)
Great point I hadn't thought of that. I knew lots of people who caught feral piglets and raised em, they can get pretty hefty. One's about 400 lbs and has a nasty attitude. Pretty lame though to stage a trophy hunt and story with basically a backyard pet! Maybe Brian Williams wrote it for them.

Great point I hadn't thought of that. I knew lots of people who caught feral piglets and raised em, they can get pretty hefty. One's about 400 lbs and has a nasty attitude. Pretty lame though to stage a trophy hunt and story with basically a backyard pet! Maybe Brian Williams wrote it for them.
[/quote]

LMAO

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu