Story: 700 lb charging boar taken in NC

SurfNHuntSD

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/30/father-son-bag-charging-700-pound-hog-in-north-carolina/

Thought I'd share this story I saw this morning. Father and son duo had a 700 lb boar charge them and luckily they dropped him. Hogzilla returns.

Can you imagine coming across that dude at dark thirty hunting turkeys........ :-\

ps.....3 years ago while sneaking in on some roosting turkeys in New Mexico, I did just that.......Fortunately, it was as afraid of me as I was of him...... :eek:

Terrific! Its always great to hear a good father-son hunting story.... Might be time to start carrying a side arm during hikes in the mid-Atlantic region.

Mike711 said:
Not too difficult to catch a young feral pig, raise it in a pen...then release it and shoot it for club or location publicity.

I have seen it done.

:)
ya my first thought was that hogzilla story from a few years ago. That is exactly what happend.

Mike711 said:
Not too difficult to catch a young feral pig, raise it in a pen...then release it and shoot it for club or location publicity.

I have seen it done.

:)
Great point I hadn't thought of that. I knew lots of people who caught feral piglets and raised em, they can get pretty hefty. One's about 400 lbs and has a nasty attitude. Pretty lame though to stage a trophy hunt and story with basically a backyard pet! Maybe Brian Williams wrote it for them.

Great point I hadn't thought of that. I knew lots of people who caught feral piglets and raised em, they can get pretty hefty. One's about 400 lbs and has a nasty attitude. Pretty lame though to stage a trophy hunt and story with basically a backyard pet! Maybe Brian Williams wrote it for them.
[/quote]

LMAO

Back