This weekend's hunt will be an interesting test

I'm with John...Girl pics are preferred...let's get into shot placement.. calibers ..bullets ..distances...Road recovery's .. gutless..gutting..pack frames . Quarterimg...shit..all that stuff for girl elk. Bring it!!

The pup had fun in the snow no blood tracking it was anchor shots for the most part hence the harvest not a hunt.IMG_20211212_210024.jpg

So we see some elk walking parallel to the road, they stop I have the two elk stacked. Mama is in back and the yearling is blocking her except the top foot of her body. So I aim just above the yearling......bam hit Mama high, lung and liver and she's done after a little kicking. 85yds broadside off the road can't ask for anything better.

The yearling runs down a little further my buddy aims and hits her she falls over but gets up. She starts to trot away and he stones her in the back of the head.
40yds running shot hit her in the upper back quarter pass through. Second shot we did recover the copper jacket.
6.8 western did its job and my buddy has gone from a 14" to 2" shooter in about a month after dry firing 100's & 60 rounds of ammo.

When we hunted the south unit and I got my elk, Murphy told me to shoot the another one, I said but I got mine, he said go ahead you can shoot two on south unit, we'll just run up and you can buy second tag. Nah.

So we see some elk walking parallel to the road, they stop I have the two elk stacked. Mama is in back and the yearling is blocking her except the top foot of her body. So I aim just above the yearling......bam hit Mama high, lung and liver and she's done after a little kicking. 85yds broadside off the road can't ask for anything better.
So did you shoot off dirt road or blacktop? which is legal on reservation.

Congrats Mark. Pretty insane that animals can live in the conditions they do. No Holiday in for them that's for sure

Reactions: MJB
Thank the Lord for the heater in the truck!!!..I'll be in Texas in 2 weeks hunting large rutting true desert mule bucks...the temps there will be down in the teens...you can bet your ass my heater in the truck will be working over time!! ** Hope I get one...send some mojo fellas**

Back