Trail Cam....the results are in!

LOL man I still am looking for that guy!!! I have cams out and will be checking in a couple weeks if he is still in the herd. I have seen that small herd around So my hopes are high!!! He is elusive though!! Have another one that makes me crazy when I see him through the spotting scope. A massive 3by3 last year running 14 does and 2 small forkys in the herd. Most deer I have seen in one herd in D-16. Anyone ever see a bigger group running together locally?

I saw 17 a couple weeks ago with a nice 4x3 and a few forks. Then I saw them again over the weekend but this time there was a 3x3 in the group. Hopefully they're still around for the season. Last year I had my eyes on a nice 4x4 for the longest time. Deer season came around and I didnt see em at all!

Ya I hear you on that. I do not think they leave there area, seems like they go into some serious elusive nocturnal mode once all the boots hit the dirt for rifle opener. I usually see the biggest bucks during archery and when the rut heats up.

Cali Ridge Runner said:
LOL man I still am looking for that guy!!! I have cams out and will be checking in a couple weeks if he is still in the herd. I have seen that small herd around So my hopes are high!!! He is elusive though!! Have another one that makes me crazy when I see him through the spotting scope. A massive 3by3 last year running 14 does and 2 small forkys in the herd. Most deer I have seen in one herd in D-16. Anyone ever see a bigger group running together locally?

In areas where hunting is a no go I've see monster groups

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu