Welcome Newbies!

Hello all. New to the site and new to hunting. I live in the San Luis Obispo area and am looking to meet and network with fellow hunters in the area. I believe in responsible and ethical conduct in the field, have plenty of experience with firearms and would love to find likeminded individuals who are interested in getting out there with an apt individual who's looking to learn. Expecting my first born son in the next couple months so it might be a while till I can actually make it out. Looking forward to talking and learning!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Hello all, my name is Josh and I'm a neophyte to California hunting. I have only hunted in Arizona and did most of my slaughtering on my families ranch. I live in San Diego now with my wife and two dogs. This will be my 1st season bowhunting so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone, my name is CJ. I am a San Diego native. Ive grown up hunting only dove for the most part. In the past couple years I've been able to gain experiences with other game. My goal this year is to bag a local deer with my bow. As with most of you, I am pretty excited for the season to start up. I look forward to interacting with all of you. Thanks

Hey guys and gals,my names Dana and am new to this forum.Been hunting for quite a few years and am well known as an Airgun Hunter here in SoCal.I hope to share some of my adventures here along with some of my knowledge of hunting Jackrabbits.Thanks

Hi everyone! I'm new as well. 25 years old haven't been hunting since I was out with my dad as a kid. He can't get around as well anymore so I'm on my own and trying to absorb any info and advice I can. Interested in finding a hunting buddy or mentor. I'm in the Corona area and have been spending a lot of time at Prado trying to get myself ready for dove season. Looking for a place to safely do that. Not interested in stealing anyone's spot, just maybe some advice or the chance to tag a long would be amazing. Thanks guys, Can't wait to see what the season brings.

Pyro

My name is Steven and I am new to the area and to hunting. I am originally from Washington state and I moved down here for my fiancee as she attends graduate school for physical therapy. I attended Washington State University for Civil Engineering and started to gain interest in hunting over the last year. I was a pretty big nerd when I was younger so I had no interest in hunting when my father offered to take me. I found SHC because I had been searching and posting on a forum in WA, so I searched for a new forum to hopefully continue to learn about hunting deer (I would like to get into rabbit/squirrel/duck later on too) and maybe find a partner or someone willing to show me the ropes...YouTube can only teach you so much about field dressing/butchering, some experience would be infinitely helpful.

Thanks to everyone here!

Hi, I'm Steve and I'm new to the site, I just saw your website and dig it..... I just finish training my GSP "Jake" for upland birds and he ready to GO... I am looking for some pheasant spots out in IV. Does anyone have a some ideas, and or know farmers that give permission to hunt their land. I have heard that many farmers do, they even give you a permission slip. I would love to take my 12 yr boy ,and 15 yr daughter to hunt over our dog... thanks you in advance for your ideas/options.

I am also a big game hunter, and will be going to Montana in mid Nov. for an DYI elk/deer hunt. Hopefully I will be successful and post some great photos to this website.

P.S And always be safe and shoot straight.

Welcome to SCH......You have 2 things going for you......Your name is Steve and you have a dog named Jake..... :D

As far as pheasant in the IV......Tougher than it used to be, but still doable......If a field isn't posted, hunt it. The exceptions are row crops( lettuce, sugar, beets, etc.)......Sounds like a number of SCH'ers are getting together. Here's the threat......Good luck in Montana......Love that place...... ;)

.http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,8217.0.html

Hey all, name's Leo

new to hunting, i had a lic. a few years back so i could try to hunt ground squirrels, but never had a chance to go out and fell out of it as I was busy with life.

now I'm in a better situation where I have time to go out.

planning on getting my lic. again and have a marlin model 60 with a scope.

I'd love to get with someone and go hunt some ground squirrels.

Problem is I do not know of a good place to go hunt those little guys.

I would like to graduate to bigger things like coyotes at some point in time as well

I have a 30-06 and planning to build another ar-15

Hi Leo and welcome to SCH......Shooting ground squirrels at least down here in San Diego Co. is pretty much a private property thing.....I belong to a club called MCC and pretty much the reason I belong is because of the GS shooting.....Love it.....Hunting predators can be done on a lot of different public lands (NF, BLM, etc.).....If you get a shotgun and get to bird hunting, your hunting opportunities will be greatly enhanced.

ilovesprig said:
Hi Leo and welcome to SCH......Shooting ground squirrels at least down here in San Diego Co. is pretty much a private property thing.....I belong to a club called MCC and pretty much the reason I belong is because of the GS shooting.....Love it.....Hunting predators can be done on a lot of different public lands (NF, BLM, etc.).....If you get a shotgun and get to bird hunting, your hunting opportunities will be greatly enhanced.

Is the MCC club pretty exclusive? I'd love to join.

I do have a mossberg 500 and a stoger uplander SxS.

I'd be up for bird hunting with the SxS as its a fun gun for when my buddy would bring his clay launcher.

my problem is I don't have any experience with actual hunting. so I'd be lost on where to go and other specifics when it comes to hunting.

EDIT: scratch the MCC I think I found it online but it's well above my budget haha.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu