Wyoming Passes 90/10

I've thought about that. I might start changing my tune when guys mouth off.

Who needs terrible politicians or greenies taking away our rights when we have "our own" treating each other so poorly?
Trig and others know this but it really is worth repeating. If we don't mentor others then the hunting tradition will die with us. There are alot of new hunters out there in state and out of state. We can be civil and still not disclose specifics on where to go to find a great Buck. Rather then going straight into asshole mode and pushing someone out of hunting who could have really been a good one to have with us rather than another one voting our hunting rights away.

John

Trig and others know this but it really is worth repeating. If we don't mentor others then the hunting tradition will die with us. There are alot of new hunters out there in state and out of state. We can be civil and still not disclose specifics on where to go to find a great Buck. Rather then going straight into asshole mode and pushing someone out of hunting who could have really been a good one to have with us rather than another one voting our hunting rights away.

John
100%. You would think more would want to be civil with fellow hunters and work together but unfortunately that's not the case. I think a lot of it is just pure ignorance.

This isn’t just a hunting issue. This happens in all walks of life these days. Too many people made it through the worst pandemic in history!!!

San Diegans bitch about Zonies coming to our beaches in the summer, people in Tahoe bitch about people from the bay taking lift tickets, people from Hawaii hate everyone, etc.

There are a lot of people trying to get outside these days and the systems setup by states to grab money makes this brutal for out of staters. It’s all a money grab if you’re from out of state and that kills us Californians. If you’re from another western state and see Californians taking “your” tag of course you’re going to be upset. The point creep is ruining everything, the shitty management of animals in some states makes it worse and politicians being in charge of this stuff certainly screws us all. There isn’t a simple answer to any of it imo. Can’t appease everyone.

Just going to keep hunting as much as I can and get my kids into it hoping someone smart finally comes along and makes the system “fair.”

I love California...lots of critters get dead there every year..and it's truck friendly. ..

I wished I would have started hunting 20yrs ago.
Local hunts are great fun but the crowds on weekends are just demoralizing.
Im trying to hunt out of state this season but boy between the odds, points, not knowing the zones and every state rules and regs is a headache.

I wished I would have started hunting 20yrs ago.
Local hunts are great fun but the crowds on weekends are just demoralizing.
Im trying to hunt out of state this season but boy between the odds, points, not knowing the zones and every state rules and regs is a headache.
It's all a learning curve. Keep at it you'll get it.

It's the California plates... seriously. Ed F
I watched a guy on my elk hunt in ID last year stare real hard trying to see the plate on my truck as I drove past him while he was sitting off the road then made some gesture to his friends of disapproval. That kid was a real prick when I talked to him a few days later despite me going over the top to be cordial and stay away from the valley he and his friends were dropping into. He didn't even like my friend from Boise lol (Boise is the weaklings of ID apparently, my buddy was telling me about it). My other friend from the sticks in ID he was cool with. Tribalism at its finest lol.

Last edited:
I love California...lots of critters get dead there every year..and it's truck friendly. ..
One of these years I am going to do a "California Slam" not sure if that's a thing but I'll chase bear, deer and pigs on public land OTC hunts.

One of these years I am going to do a "California Slam" not sure if that's a thing but I'll chase bear, deer and pigs on public land OTC hunts.
Awesome.. I pay for all my hunts. .i hate to lose..

California has a lot of hunting opportunity... just gotta get after it. I'm serious about the plates...

CBH has a California slam... the Whitney Hill Award. I have 13 different species. Mule deer, Columbia Blacktail deer, Pacific Hybrid deer, Tule elk, Pronghorn Antelope, Black bear, Catalina Island goat, Santa Cruz Island Merino sheep, Mainland hog, Island hog, Turkey, Coyote, Bobcat.

California has a lot of hunting opportunity... just gotta get after it. I'm serious about the plates...

CBH has a California slam... the Whitney Hill Award. I have 13 different species. Mule deer, Columbia Blacktail deer, Pacific Hybrid deer, Tule elk, Pronghorn Antelope, Black bear, Catalina Island goat, Santa Cruz Island Merino sheep, Mainland hog, Island hog, Turkey, Coyote, Bobcat.

Dang! You're quite the savage!

Looks like some of those arent around anymore unfortunately and more importantly I have some work to put in!

Last edited:
Back