Young Hunter.

Of course he is going to deny seeing the deer, and telling him to remove the deer from the contest. I don't know the area at all. But I'm surprised that it is open to hunting if it is full of houses. DFG has closed spots up here (Ventura County) that are close to camp grounds. Just because campers from out of town don't like seeing people with rifles coming back to their trucks.

I think that they should give the kid back his deer and drop the charges.

Matagi said:
Check this out

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/19/dfg-warden-explains-his-side/

Well, there you have it. The warden does not believe that one can hunt harvest a deer legally in the Pine Hills area due to how close all of the adjoining properties are. Obviously the only exception is if you are the landowner. If I ever own some property you will be assured that I will outline my property with "barns" so nobody can hunt (not just my property)...but the 150 yard radius around it!

This whole thing sucks. From what I have read on various forums and articles, Josh is a good guy who has been dealt some bad circumstances. I am going to donate some money to his legal fund...

Josh really is a good guy, the worst thing about this is this incident if prosecuted will affect his career as a paramedic. He already works as a ambulance tech so he's now placed in a really tough spot.

Matagi said:
Josh really is a good guy, the worst thing about this is this incident if prosecuted will affect his career as a paramedic. He already works as a ambulance tech so he's now placed in a really tough spot.
I hope the Dfg does NOT win they are jealous and are wanting another deer mount in their office nothing more i hope it does not affect his carrer if anyone knows him show him the website to let him know we dont agree with the DFG and want him to win the case

Matagi said:

Ya he either goes for broke to try and get the deer and clear his name,(or lose both). Or plead to a lesser charge lose the deer but save his career. If it was a lesser deer it would be a no brainer.
I would love to see him get it back so he can put that deer in the books.

If by physical measurement he broke the law than that's on him, If as it has been stated that many knew about and were pursuing this animal he should have given the consequences of his shot some thought. I would really hate to see this as end up as an illegally taken animal but rules are rules so that's where we need to draw the line.

if that deer was a 3x3 , That GW wouldn't not have looked twice wouldn't even have asked questions......

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu