SCH OUTDOORS

Recent content by 180ls1

  1. 180ls1

    AZ archery success...another year in the books

    Great buck! I'm sure that was a wonderful time up there.
  2. 180ls1

    Choose my elk rifle

    With the new alloy cases adding 300fps were going to have to rename it to the Kingmoor.
  3. 180ls1

    Choose my elk rifle

    That 22 sure fits Tricer's marketing MO... I have a feeling you'll get it done with whatever you grab.
  4. 180ls1

    Tahoe Day 1

    Did the bear break in while you were in there sleeping? What ended up happening?
  5. 180ls1

    BIG FATSO..

    Sheesh!
  6. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Thanks fellas! I hope every one of you gets a tag some day, or at least gets to watch them rut. BY FAR the hardest rutting elk I have ever seen. Check out all the scars on my bull. He was particularly mean. Taking any herd or cow he wanted. In fact, not a single other bull he came across...
  7. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Quick pic. Headed back for another load.
  8. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Oh, something got the shaft alright.
  9. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Time to eat some food and start hydrating.
  10. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    I probably won’t get many good ones. Stakes are too high with this low of cover on big bulls. If you like 11 pointers and a guy who thinks he is Burt Reynolds I have you covered though.
  11. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Well, I was regretting not shooting the bull. Thinking about it quite a bit. Then I got into a new herd. Had an even bigger bull pushing cows past me. He held up at 115 turned around and chased another hot cow while the other cows fed past at 60. Ahhh! Gotta love it.
  12. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Public. Bird guys are mostly gone now. Passed a nice 6x7 earlier today. May have been a “mistake” but I’m having such a great time out here. He may get it next time around.
  13. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    A bit surprised, we had some dove hunters who hiked in probably a mile and started shooting quite a bit. It made the elk a bit skiddish and they moved in a no-hunt area. Others were unapproachable with a bow in the middle of flat barren ground and were not leaving the cows.
  14. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Haven’t found a bull that isn’t broken. Pretty cool. That are rutting their brains out.
  15. 180ls1

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    I'll PM you.

About us

SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience. Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.