1.5 on the tribute

Never saw a Poke bowl made that way. Looks delicious though! Strong work.
My wife gets after them. Tuna, sushi rice, avocado, cucumber, lettuce, imitation crab, carrots, spicy Mayo. Top it with some soy sauce, Siracha, and wasabi.

She pretty much just throws her favorite sushi items into a bowl and the kids devour.

Got out last night on the Tribute. We ended up running 8.5 hours out way past San Clamente. So we could only fish until 11am before we had to head back. It was rough seas all day which made fun for a private charter this morning who a lot of which drank one to many last night.

Fishing was consistent with around 2-4 fish per stop. All fish were good size 30-70lb. 30lb flouro with a small circle hook was the name of the game. Final count 12BF and 4YF.

My one fish was a good size somewhere in the 40+ range I would say. Never a bad day on the water.

Who is in for a 2022 SCH charter?

View attachment 50785View attachment 50784View attachment 50786View attachment 50787View attachment 50788
Nice catch! I'm definitely in for a sch charter!

Reactions: TRICER
Okay guys, a few things before I even attempt to set up a charter date. we would be looking at next summer Aug. Sept. First what days are u available to go out, I prefer mid. week. 2, I won't do an overnight trip, especially for tuna ,just not enough rail time, I'm thinking 1.5 day or two day. We could keep it to 18-20 guys and the $$$$ should be between $400 and $550 depending on number of guys. Most trips are meals included. Fish cleaning, even gut and gill will be extra. As most of you know there are fish processors real close so that is always an option. I will need firm commitments and payment when I set up trip. I will start looking at available dates ASAP.

Reactions: YETI
Okay guys, a few things before I even attempt to set up a charter date. we would be looking at next summer Aug. Sept. First what days are u available to go out, I prefer mid. week. 2, I won't do an overnight trip, especially for tuna ,just not enough rail time, I'm thinking 1.5 day or two day. We could keep it to 18-20 guys and the $$$$ should be between $400 and $550 depending on number of guys. Most trips are meals included. Fish cleaning, even gut and gill will be extra. As most of you know there are fish processors real close so that is always an option. I will need firm commitments and payment when I set up trip. I will start looking at available dates ASAP.
Im in for a 1.5 and can do midweek. Count me in if you get a group together!

One of my favorite boats is the Islander.

What is everyones fish of choice for a charter, Tuna, blue fin or yellow fin, yellow tail, White Sea bass??? It makes a difference when and where.

What is everyones fish of choice for a charter, Tuna, blue fin or yellow fin, yellow tail, White Sea bass??? It makes a difference when and where.
don't you pretty much just play that by ear and let the captain make the call the week of? Fish whatever is good? We are a year out can't really commit to a bite right?

don't you pretty much just play that by ear and let the captain make the call the week of? Fish whatever is good? We are a year out can't really commit to a bite right?
Spring and early summer are best for White Sea bass, yellow fin tuna should really be going crazy right now but for what ever reason the numbers are down. Blue fin are mid. summer through end of Oct. early Nov. And yes if multiple species are on the chew the Captian will make the call, unless you specify what you want then when comes in. I don't want to set up a trip for White Sea bass when tuna or yellow tail are going strong. Or visa versa

Reactions: Geappetto Hunts
Spring and early summer are best for White Sea bass, yellow fin tuna should really be going crazy right now but for what ever reason the numbers are down. Blue fin are mid. summer through end of Oct. early Nov. And yes if multiple species are on the chew the Captian will make the call, unless you specify what you want then when comes in. I don't want to set up a trip for White Sea bass when tuna or yellow tail are going strong. Or visa versa
I just figured if we were going August it would be a tuna, YT, or Dorado trip. Don’t do September that’s hunting season.

Agree, except right after dove and before quail. I don't do big game much any more except for elk and that is in Nov. this year. But I'm good with Aug. Like you said lots of option then.

Let me know what boat and payment info...Also if I can avoid August 23rd that would be good. Daughters 1st b-day. LOL

As of now, up to 9 guys including myself and one friend. I might be able to get three more. I get up to 18, I'll makes some calls.
Tuna were down yesterday but, today good numbers on larger grade 100-300lbs. Tribute 61, fortune 23, 5 over 200 one 305, all the rest over 100 except one under that. Pacific queen 24.

Reactions: TRICER and JakeSCH
FYI if interested Pacific islander 2 day trip $475, good price meals included. Oct 10 departure Point Loma. I'm still working on next summer charter but, for now I think Im jumping on this one. Like I need more fish. Load is 28 with 8 spots open.

Reactions: TRICER
FYI if interested Pacific islander 2 day trip $475, good price meals included. Oct 10 departure Point Loma. I'm still working on next summer charter but, for now I think Im jumping on this one. Like I need more fish. Load is 28 with 8 spots open.
Islander is an amazing boy and definitely a tier above burgers and hotdogs for food etc.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu