12 gauge?

rob2102

Apr 13, 2016
Greetings all, I have a 12 gauge 870 foe turkey hunting, but I was wondering if I changed the barrel out to a rifled slug if that, would be adaquate for pig and deer? If so what is the max range? I'm taking my son out but since he's still young I want to save some $ before commiting to a dedicated pig and deer rifle. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

With lead all good out to 150-200yds

But this coming year it's all copper I haven't shot copper slugs yet so I'm no help

One thing to think about is get a muzzleloader they are dirt cheap and the copper shoots real well out of mine They can take down anything in NA and some can be switched to centerfire real easy. Plus it opens up more deer tags for you

Rob,

Welcome to SCH......Good answer given by Mark......Save for a real deer/pig rifle......Not much different than a rifled 870 barrel.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu