13 days out, ca. Sheep/mulie bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing pictures of him holding the lamb, from both sides, I simply do not see how his lamb meets the legal take requirements. But maybe he will post up a clarifying picture; if it was not confiscated already.
In California it only had to be 3/4 curl, which is typical in most states that are bighorns because bighorns are typically broomed off, this is a big issue and main reason there is such a low success rate in Canada for rocky bighorns

I want everyone to pretend I know nothing about scoring sheep/rams, which I don't. What is a legal ram and what would his be. At a SWAG, Scientific Wild Ass guess.
I know the exact measurement 143 inch ram G&F said 7 years old I thought it was 5 maybe 6.

Must have at least one horn tip that extends beyond the line, when a straight line is drawn from the anterior (front) base of the horn, to the posterior (rear) edge of the visable portion of the eye. Referance points above must be viewed from a 90 degree angle from the direction the the ram is facing
That is correct, for California or many other situations with bighorns (exception, Canada) it’s 3/4 horn. Full curl is typically of dalls and stones, not so much deserts and Rocky’s because how many bighorns still have their lamb tips very few and if they do they are typically very young.

I know the exact measurement 143 inch ram G&F said 7 years old I thought it was 5 maybe 6.
I think they’re right on age. He didn’t give us a good photo to assess legality although the ram appeared to be legal based on this photo. It’s a shame this guy is such a jerk. Lots of people on here would have been excited to hear about this hunt. I know it’s the one I always want to draw. I wonder if he really saw a 160 early on in the hunt. Hard to imagine they would have told him to pass it given the situation in the Whites.

IMG_6921.jpeg

I think they’re right on age. He didn’t give us a good photo to assess legality although the ram appeared to be legal based on this photo. It’s a shame this guy is such a jerk. Lots of people on here would have been excited to hear about this hunt. I know it’s the one I always want to draw. I wonder if he really saw a 160 early on in the hunt. Hard to imagine they would have told him to pass it given the situation in the Whites.

Its interesting how much you create the world around you. Belittle others, pursue self aggrandizement and people treat you poorly.

Same dude could have celebrated with others in their success, shared lessons from his "supposed" book animals, gave some tips and tricks he has learned along the way and people would have loved him.

Its interesting how much you create the world around you. Belittle others, pursue self aggrandizement and people treat you poorly.

Same dude could have celebrated with others in their success, shared lessons from his "supposed" book animals, gave some tips and tricks he has learned along the way and people would have loved him.

But he didn't invent the internet to help people, just to gloat.

Yet here you are just like all of us
Yup, still here, but my reason is, like I asked in post number 316, what is a legal ram and what would his be. Not because I expected him to ever respond, like some people still do. I have read post after my question now and see it has been answered. Thanks to those who clerified what is legal and what his score was.

Reactions: baboltin
Sorry guys, I killed the first and maybe last ram in the whites. No regrets. Guys saying I didn't plug it? I havent broken a game law in my life. So ram down. All the doubters can suck it., Do 13k, and do a ram. Anyone care to do this hunt???? Ha!!¡

I would agree on 5-6 , I counted the growth rings and got 6 , I am still wondering how the dry creek guides okayed the trigger pull , G&F kinda threw them some major discretion, in Mexico and Texas we don’t count the future/ nonexistent ring under the hairline. Better to error on the side of caution
California even required a compantcy test in Sacramento to avoid this type of errors
IMG_0437.jpegIMG_0443.jpegIMG_0439.jpegIMG_0047.png

Reactions: baboltin
Sorry guys, I killed the first and maybe last ram in the whites. No regrets. Guys saying I didn't plug it? I havent broken a game law in my life. So ram down. All the doubters can suck it., Do 13k, and do a ram. Anyone care to do this hunt???? Ha!!¡
What happened/is happening with your deer tag?

Let’s here the deets! And you need to go back to Rockslide and there’ll those rubes to suck it!

Thanks for the report, all be it very short.

I would agree on 5-6 , I counted the growth rings and got 6 , I am still wondering how the dry creek guides okayed the trigger pull , G&F kinda threw them some major discretion, in Mexico and Texas we don’t count the future/ nonexistent ring under the hairline. Better to error on the side of caution
California even required a compantcy test in Sacramento to avoid this type of errors
View attachment 59767View attachment 59768View attachment 59769View attachment 59770
Its cadfw. Get it? Yes, the ram was registered and plugged within 22 hours. So again suck all the haters. Would I ever break a game law? Too funny ass clowns

I will agree with you on this pretext and your experience in matter’s as a ass clown IMG_0496.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ofdscooby
View attachment 59767View attachment 59768View attachment 59769View attachment 59770
Look at his right side. Cadfw had no worries. You think dry creek would kill an short ram? You are a fool. They are the best in ca. And could have killed 2 legal rams bedded. Check the next wild sheep mag
What a rube.
Its cadfw. Get it? Yes, the ram was registered and plugged within 22 hours. So again suck all the haters. Would I ever break a game law? Too funny ass clowns
7/8 yo per cadfw. So count your rings

View attachment 59767View attachment 59768View attachment 59769View attachment 59770 unless you held the ram, you have no, but thx for playing.

It's not gf. It's cdfw. If you think drycreek would give the green lite on an illegal ram , you are a fool. I had 2 legals bedded to pound. No brainer. Typical forum idiots.

Reactions: Here4theGangBang
And you haven't hunted desert sheep#13k feet, when 60% of the herd was wiped out do to 70 feet of snow
Get it???dry creek would never let me kill a short ram. I had 2 legals bedded. And mine was 7/8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu