# 16 for Wister on Sunday Dec 16th.

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
I got drawn with a # 16 for Wister this coming Sunday.
I have no experience Duck hunting. My experienced duck hunting partner is not able to come.
It is only my son and I.
Is there anyone interested in coming along and teach me the ropes?
I will drive you there and back.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Fabian

Fabian,

Wish I could help you out, but will be hunting in a different place.....Give me a call and I'll try to advice the best blinds.....Sunday's are tougher, but at least, you'll get to know the wildlife area some.....Talk to the kids working the office the night before.

Read the regs and learn your ducks.....Call me at any time in the morning or send pix, if your not sure of what duck you have....Hunting ducks these days without a mentor is very difficult to say the least.....Good threads in the waterfowl forum here.

ps.....Do you have decoys, waders, steel duck loads, and something to sit on?

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Remember 25 round per person max stay within 100 yards of the galvanized pole with reflectors. If you are not good at calling just throw out lass than a dozen decoys and sit. Make sure your there by 3am for checking and you need a wildlife area pass they sell them at the check in store.

Remember 25 round per person max stay within 100 yards of the galvanized pole with reflectors. If you are not good at calling just throw out lass than a dozen decoys and sit. Make sure your there by 3am for checking and you need a wildlife area pass they sell them at the check in store.
Thank you.

Fabian,

Wish I could help you out, but will be hunting in a different place.....Give me a call and I'll try to advice the best blinds.....Sunday's are tougher, but at least, you'll get to know the wildlife area some.....Talk to the kids working the office the night before.

Read the regs and learn your ducks.....Call me at any time in the morning or send pix, if your not sure of what duck you have....Hunting ducks these days without a mentor is very difficult to say the least.....Good threads in the waterfowl forum here.

ps.....Do you have decoys, waders, steel duck loads, and something to sit on?
Thank you Steve.

Me and the boys hunted the #1 spot the second Wednesday after opener and did pretty good. Anymore if we get drawn we are not going down. It’s been pretty terrible every where in the south west this year. Maybe some of this weather will push ducks down and you will have a great shoot

10A6F4AA-E290-4CB7-9589-78EF7559EB8D.jpegA09EFA2C-C16B-4045-B6AA-B14F065BB8CC.jpeg

Me and the boys hunted the #1 spot the second Wednesday after opener and did pretty good. Anymore if we get drawn we are not going down. It’s been pretty terrible every where in the south west this year. Maybe some of this weather will push ducks down and you will have a great shoot

I will give my best, this is my first time, I couldnt make it a couple of weeks ago. I pray I dont get in trouble... LOL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu