.17 WSM Savage (3000 fps)

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Savage Arms part # 96901 .17 WSM Savage. This is the newest & hottest rimfire on earth.

In stock @ Fine Firearms (qty available 2)

$549

That gun is like gold right now. I'm not in the market for one but I was curious as to what it looked like and googled the model#, every site I clicked on said out of stock.

Bowhunter_619 said:
How would you compare it to the 17 HMR? Is it worth making the jump from the HMR? I love the 17 HMR but this round has me curious.

The .17 HMR has a velocity of about 2500 fps and the new .17 WSM is 3000fps. Substantially more. The .17 WSM is a legitimate 300 yard rimfire regarding varmint and will wreak havoc on coyotes.

I started this thread to give SCH members first shot at the 2 rifles we got in.

Just saw this video... http://youtu.be/YFpZ9gMZgXk ... 1st report I've seen on the new super mag 17

I have a Rem 700 in a .17 Rem so no need to buy one! :)

SoCalGuidedHunts said:
I have a Rem 700 in a .17 Rem so no need to buy one! :)

I think your missing the point Brian. This is a rimfire 17 that runs out at 3000 fps. Rimefire is the key here. The 17 Hornet, 17 Rem and the 17 Fireball are all great. But they aren't a cheap rimfire. This is a legitimate coyote round and the Prairie dog hunters are going to make this cartridge famous!

It's a home run - mark my word.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu