19,000 homes approved to be built at Tejon Ranch

So are they taking away the hunting?
Trying to get in there before my birthday in may haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No easy solutions. I hate seeing open space paved over but people need homes and the land owner did set aside 90 percent of the property for no development. Thank god for National forests and BLM property.

I’m currently a member at the ranch...from what I understand, they committed to only building on a total of 27,000acres or 10% of the total ranch. This was signed into in agreement with then governor Arnold.

Where exactly will this be done? It's a big ranch. It also said that this was a decision passed by the LA county so are they basically going to be building a new city off the 138? That's a lot of homes by the way. My personal opinion is this state needs less people not more.

OK I looked up their plan regarding LA co, not sure if there are more plans regarding the Kern portion (I think there are too) but it looks like they want to create a city of 65,000 around quail lake.... lovely.

Last edited:
Go look at a map of the land they have set aside for their "Smallest" project of Mountain Village and tell me that basically isn't cutting though the main part of the ranch. People that have been up there chime in on what you think after looking at that. Looking at the map of their land and the planned space the projects will take up I think the setting aside 90% or their land for wildlife is a bit misleading considering how much land they have in the Valley section of the AV, grazing or agricultural in CV, and they have a whole leg that extends up to 58.

Heared a few years ago that the homes are gonna go from the 5 freeway all the way into bear trap canyon. Basically along the whole paved road in that area

I hunt the north hunt club so I’m not entirely sure but the area by quail lake is fairly flat and barren. As long as they stick to the flats along the south I don’t see it interfering with much of the wildlife. They cattle grazing is a whole other story. It’s seems to me that cattle numbers have dropped a bit but it still seems like there are too many as it is.

Quail Lake is pretty flat a barren. I'm personally not thrilled at the idea or there being somewhere between 50K-100K+ more people out there between the three developments. And to be honest I don't fully understand their plans with the Mountain Village project. On the map they have the biggest area sectioned off for it but supposedly that is the smallest one? I don't know. The "plan" for the new city by Quail Lake looks well thought out for what it is but it's still going to end up being a whole new city in itself.

Overpriced. fees gone up 6x in last 10 years. Good riddance.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu