1k milk jug challenge

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
going out tomorrow morning with my old man and going to do the 1k yard milk jug shoot. It's time to let the 6.5 and the 510dtc breath a bit. Let ya know how it goes and video if we are successful.

wound up just being Me and SDBirds,

learned a few things, One bring the spotting scope. Like a dumb butt i had given my scope to my dad who canceled so eh the spotter was almost worthless. Your range finder might say 1k but can it really do it? had trouble lasing the range. We set up the target at 1100yards but we thought we were at 1k yards lol The ground where we were shooting did not have much dust so it was tough to pick up splashes. Once we got dialed in the hits were coming but nothing to amazing. Wind was gusting so a record group was not in the cards today.

the milk jug challenge.. thought we hit it on shot number 4 and it turns out we did not so epic fail. both jugs were empty from shrapnel hitting the jugs off the steel. You cant see the jugs with out a spotting scope to judge hits.

The VLD hunters flew better than the Hybrids

i am tired.. photos later

ps SDbirds had his pants on the whole time... except when he took a leak.

cough cough.. ya could have gone.

Going to modify the drones remote camera setup as a hit camera. Ill get some metal and weld up a box to protect the camera and transmitter. One Mile of Standard def video is a piece of cake.

As far as knowing distance...theres an app for phones that uses gps. Check out mark and sam videos on youtube. They use the app to confirm distance.
I use my gps and it has worked well. Range finders are frustrating and finicky.
Good luck with the challenge.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu