2 Yuma Bunnies 1 parasite

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I am down at the river for the weekend. I spent the morning not shooting any coyotes. But I did see a ton of cottontail around my stands. Cottontail are year around in AZ btw. So after hunting the family and I went out on the water all day. I got back in with about 10 minutes of light left me and the boys jumped on the golf cart with my single shot .22 and sped over to the closest stand. Sure enough nailed 2 before dark. Normally cottontail are nothing to right home about but while cleaning them I got to experience my first parasite. In Yuma there is no frost so you can basically throw the months that end in R thing out the window. I have taken quite a few down here and I am still breathing havent seen anything like this before. Kind of cool I have only seen pictures of parasites, but before I even started cleaning it I could feel the parasite. It was cool seeing it move those things are narly looking. I tossed that rabbit in the bushes and put the other in the freezer.

PS is it weird that I put serious thought into throwing that thing on a hook and doing some night catfish ing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 43
I used to live in NC. I had some frozen squirrels and I also happens to have some frozen squid we used as bait. Went out fishing for spiny dogfish one afternoon and upon arriving to the fishing ground I realized I grabbed the squirrels and not squid. So I did exactly what you mentioned. Cut the squirrel up put it on there and caught a few dogfish.

Those never bother my its when you find spots on the liver.......that sends that bunny to the bushes

MJB said:
Those never bother my its when you find spots on the liver.......that sends that bunny to the bushes

Plus 1..........Although, I never see anything because I filet them.......... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu