2013-2014 vandenberge deer hunt..

D72Blazer

Apr 6, 2012
Lakeside, CA
Ok so the plan is to head to the base for check in Aug.29th if they have decided to open their season in Aug. again.. Set up camp and start scouting the zones during the day Thursday hunt hard till we fill our tags or till sunday night or if close to closing the deal maybe a Monday am hunt, then make the trip back home to San Diego.. I would like some tips on how to acquire a G11 tag? do I just apply or over the counter purchase? I have my ammo in route, lead free. I was going to zero my scope in at 200 yds. Suggestions fore copper solvents and gun care using the barns bullets. Thanks guys.. this will be my first big game hunt.. Derek

Both above are good. Also Copperzilla and Wipe Out are great products for copper removal.

Thanks guys will need to pick some solvent up soon... How do I get a tag is it like the upland endorsement, you just buy them? I know there are applications for tags too but didn`t know what tags and zones are included in that category. Derek

Did you get all your paperwork filled out and ready to go for the base hunt? There are a few forms to be able to hunt there. Are you bringing any guest? I heard from a few buddies of mine that its great deer hunting there and after they fill their tags they just go out and drop coyotes all day long. I heard you can get the G-11 tags on base but I think it was for active only. I am just a reservist so I would probably just call.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu