2014 decisions ? G3? or g39?

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
So I know that is probably early to start thinking about this question or not but, its something that I think about every year about this time. I just moved to bishop so both of these areas are pretty much right in my back yard. I have also been putting in for G3 for the last eleven years and I am one point shy of max points, but I am tired of putting in for G3 but at the same time want it so badly and also don't want to waste all those years of pp. So what I am asking is should I put in for G39 instead of G3, I know that it is very hard to draw just as much but the odds are actually better to draw G39 than G3. On the other hand I want to hunt in snow and kill a monster which I'm sure I can do on either hunt, but can seem to make my mind up on this. On the other hand I already know my 2, and 3rd pick. thanks. If anyone has any G3 or G39 stories or pics lets see them, thanks.

Being one off max points is going to be hard until everyone else has less than max points.

That's why I wish CA would cap the max points.

MJB I highly agree every year I look to see if they cap the pp but never happens and seems like it won't ever happen either. every other state puts a cap on there pp . thanks for the in put everyone its a tough decision to make both great areas so I appreciate everyones in put thanks .

Tafthunter is the bottom buck a j12 hunt ? also how wide were these bucks ?

baboltin said:

Yeah it's j12. Top is 32" bottom is 27 I believe. Both were 1st bucks. But these are small compared to some pics I've seen of some of the bucks in g3 and g37

TaftHunter said:
baboltin said:

Yeah it's j12. Top is 32" bottom is 27 I believe. Both were 1st bucks. But these are small compared to some pics I've seen of some of the bucks in g3 and g37

Yeah there are some bruisers out there but to be honest there are big bucks in every area you just have to work hard enough and be lucky enough to find them !

baboltin said:
TaftHunter said:
baboltin said:

Yeah there are some bruisers out there but to be honest there are big bucks in every area you just have to work hard enough and be lucky enough to find them !

True, somewhat. Some areas don't have the genetics/minerals like other areas. I've seen tons of 4-5 year old bucks my family has killed and they aren't even close to the size of 2 year old bucks in other states, or some premium zones..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu