2016 Booklet is out.

d16ridgehiker

Oct 26, 2011
Surprised no one else saw it yet. Still havent read it. https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=121565

Edit....D16 still restricted. Thought it would be unrestricted this year?

A22 is down to restricted from premium. As I recall this time last year the online version had some incorrect info that was corrected when the print version came out.

You can start the process, but if you haven't done it before, use the worksheet, put it away for a couple of weeks, ask other hunters what they are doing, then complete the process. You don't have to do anything before the deadline, and if you submit, you can change before the deadline. But to make changes you have to go in to the DFW office which is a pain. Take your time before you actually submit your application.

By the way, as expected, there will be a fee for non-reporting for anyone with a CA deer tag starting with the upcoming season. $21.60 if you don't submit within a month of harvest, or by Jan 31,2017 if you don't harvest. All newbies should read that booklet and be very familiar with it. I always carry a copy of the regs on me when hunting.

I dont know if you can apply yet. Just tried it online and in order to apply for the draw you would have to buy a 2016 license first and they are not available yet.

Bonejour said:
By the way, as expected, there will be a fee for non-reporting for anyone with a CA deer tag starting with the upcoming season. $21.60 if you don't submit within a month of harvest, or by Jan 31,2017 if you don't harvest. All newbies should read that booklet and be very familiar with it. I always carry a copy of the regs on me when hunting.

+1......And for seasoned guys......We all know these regs change from season to season......Read 'em!

Tbob said:
Where are you guys getting these from? Thanks.
This link was attached to the first post in the thread:
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=121565
Can you see the link?

I also keep the hard copy in my backpack and usually the night before opener I read it around the camp fire drinking a few brews with the guys clearing any questions they might have. The elders are very "old school" and sometimes they don't like the new rules ;)... oh man I can't wait for archery to start

Sadly, he probably got confused about using points (that would be me too.... :()......It could happen in A-22 & D-16 as well.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu