G

Goyaałé

I want to hunt 2018. Archery and Rifle. I will be hunting for meat. Nothing else matters. My problem is I dont uderstand the whole licesene, tag and, draw applicatikn process. I feel dumb whenever i start to try and understand it. It's french to me. Jajaja Been doing a lot of reading, watching youtube videos about stalking, tracking and things of that nature. I will be out hiking after the hunting season is over. Which leads to my first question when is this years season over? I dont want to be walking around will people are trying to hunt. I would hate to ruin someones hunt. Any info about the steps i need to take to insure my paper work gets done for next year would be greatly appreciated. Have great day everyone!

#1)contact P2K and look up hunter safety classes. cost generally $25 , and it's a whole day event
you have to pass the hunter safety test after the class.

#2) I suggest a get a little training in firearms handling ( PK 2000 or a similar range) learn safety, rule # 1, ( do this first) study firearms safety https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf

#3) then after passing hunter safety class & obtain a hunting license you can buy a long rifle for hunting.
take the fire arms safety test then you can buy a handgun & long rifle......
but you need to pass hunter safety class to get a hunting license....

#4) depending where you want to hunt some of the tags are over the counter. others are a draw..
you can buy after it has been released by the Dept. of fish & wildlife. I believe in June(you can look it up )
what that means you pay the initial fee, apply for a tag that is not over the counter. then wait in june if you get lucky and is issued to you. normally it is sent to you in the mail..fairly simple.
You can buy the license and tags at places like Walmart, Big Five sporting goods and on.
or on line direct at the Dept of Fish & Wildlife.

I would do # 1 now, then get a hunting license then it can be renewed next year. just buy over the counter at any sporting goods that sells them...

Good luck my friend. PM me for more info...

Reactions: Goyaałé
#1)contact PK2000 and look up hunter safety classes. cost generally $25 , and it's a whole day event
you have to pass the hunter safety test after the class.

#2) I suggest a get a little training in firearms handling ( PK 2000 or a similar range) learn safety, rule # 1, ( do this first) study firearms safety https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf

#3) then after passing hunter safety class & obtain a hunting license you can buy a long rifle for hunting.
take the fire arms safety test then you can buy a handgun & long rifle......
but you need to pass hunter safety class to get a hunting license....

#4) depending where you want to hunt some of the tags are over the counter. others are a draw..
you can buy after it has been released by the Dept. of fish & wildlife. I believe in June(you can look it up )
what that means you pay the initial fee, apply for a tag that is not over the counter. then wait in june if you get lucky and is issued to you. normally it is sent to you in the mail..fairly simple.
You can buy the license and tags at places like Walmart, Big Five sporting goods and on.
or on line direct at the Dept of Fish & Wildlife.

I would do # 1 now, then get a hunting license then it can be renewed next year. just buy over the counter at any sporting goods that sells them...

Good luck my friend. PM me for more info...
Thank you sir. I greatly appreciate it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu