2019 plans?

@Sdhunt17
I forgot to mention about dee 12, if you have some questions pm me. I will also be doing AO and hopefully rifle (1 full point to burn ;)).

Reactions: longbowhunter2
My plan is to dust off the cobwebs and get back at it after 15 years off. Absorbing everything I can. So as not to go all wild with huge dreams I would like to stick to the local area and get back into the groove, figure out my gear situation, find areas, etc. Going to shoot for D16 or D19. Havent decided if I want to go rifle or archery. Archery being what I did years ago and loved it, BUT odds are better with rifle. Either way I will be buying a deer rifle or a bow soon.

With the D16 and D19 success rates, I will be doing some weekend scout trips and getting to know the area little better. Been doing some coyote hunting lately and paying attention signs of other animals in the area as well. But for the first season back at it, I think I would feel better if I wasn't successful and just losing a day or weekend locally here and there than being unsuccessful after a big long multi day trip to a new area. Being realistic with my goals here...haha.

plans are to get out, meet some new good folks, and try and pick up where I left off in 2004 back in Utah.....just in California.....with more rules. lol
Yes same here I took a break for while and mainly went off shore
Fishing. I was rusty.
But it will all start to gel again.
What help me a lot is this board.
Different styles, different methods.
It's all good.
My first 20 years I mostly bushed
Wacked most of my deer, stalked the others. In the old days we didn't have all this technology.
We had to do it the hard way.
All visual. Sign like tracks and scat.
Spot and Stalk was a different meaning back then.
Using optics for long range is
Definitely a big advantage.

Yes sir. Have be active duty or retired military or DOD civilian. Or have a close family member that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Close family member? Ok, "brother "
I hear that referral works as well. If you could and want to, please let me know. Tnx

I’m a local. Can’t travel. A-22 and D-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm sayin'. We just MAKE it work, locally. In some of the lowest percent success rate zones in the state! Me=Northern D15

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu