243 copper bullet

sherpa

Nov 21, 2011
Flynn Springs
I need an opinion on copper bullets to reload in my 243. Just might buy a D16 tag this year, I can still hunt with my bow but might try a few spots that I used to haunt. Oh ya 80-90 grs and what powder. Thanks

I use the Barnes TTSX and it shoots under 3/4moa in my factory rifles. I am switching some of my other calibers over to the hammer bullets. They are expensive but they shoot great.

Reactions: sherpa
I bought Federal Trophy Copper last year for my 243 and it did a great job sitting in my rifle not going anywhere while I wandered around the mountains not seeing much except the spikes that like to make fun of me. They performed flawlessly.

If you reload, I would second the Barnes recommendation.

Factory ammo on a budget would be the Federal which I let my kid feed to the yotes.

I don't have a 243 but I reload Barnes ttsx for my 6.8spc and 180 gr tsx in my 300wm.. very accurate and consistent bullet

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu