26Nosler what do you think ?

Snake Charmer

Happiness is a warm gut pile
Oct 13, 2011
San Diego
www.highonkennels.com
OK Let the debate begin, I'm a 7 Mag guy but I gotta say for what I do (and who cares about barrel life you can buy another barrel next week) this may be the best western cartridge ever produced ! Bring on the opinions ! I'm listening but with tainted ears...

Just went to Noslers site and read about it, Looks to be really fast and flat, it not being a Magnum I am sure the recoil is much less, I will be watching this cartridge. Just food for thought tho, We are here in good OL CA and before you know it even down south we are going to be forced to convert to non lead ammo (which I am doing now) I have been a long time nosler partition reloader, consumer and fan. With that said I have not tried any of there non lead offerings yet, I have been transitioning over to Barnes. So for now I will watch and see what kind of results they (Nosler) get with the non lead ammo. One other thing its hard to beat a MAGNUM!!!!

I think the 26nosler might be the next hot round for mid to long range big game. I'm a big fan of the 6.5 and with that round coming out of the business end at over 3400fps is awesome. I think at the end it's going to come down to how popular it becomes and round assortment although I don't foresee too many people out here using it as a deer round. This would be your high country big game round so I have a feeling cartridge selection might be limited. I'm excited to see the platforms that will be offered in this set up. Great thread!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu