.270 Vs. .308

Which is a better cartridge for mainly coyotes and deer? .270 or .308

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

JBerryhill

May 2, 2012
Im new to rifle hunting, and fairly new to rifles in general. Ill be purchasing my first rifle soon, i dont know what make n model yet, thats a question for another day. My first question is what would be a better all around cartridge for hunting Coyotes and Deer Mainly? .270 or .308

You can't go wrong with either cartridge. I have had both and the deer that were shot with them couldn't tell the difference. I would lean towards the 270

If you ever plan to hunt more of a variety of animals, the .308 is a better overall cartridge. It has a more versatile bullet selection and more horsepower for game like elk and moose.

Can't go wrong with either.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu