2nd phase of non lead requirements

I wish they would just put out a list something like this..

one needs to use non-lead on= blah blah blah

you can still use lead on = blah blah blah

this would be so much easier, at least for me.

whats the word on big game for this year D16,D12 do we need non lead bullets yet?

thanks

This is my take, as long as someone is not hunting in the condor range or DFW land then we are good to go. I think the post above is more for the duck, turkey , and pheasant hunting.
by the way Rick best regards brother.

Edit o-ya small game rabbits and such , and non game mammals. sucks,

Ghost

was looking at non-lead Rifle ammo the other day. twice the cost of lead ammo...and that's w/ demand as is..

wait til it becomes mandatory...you'll be buying 1 case of non-lead ammo and hoping it lasts a season

ivhunter said:

whats the word on big game for this year D16,D12 do we need non lead bullets yet?

thanks

Got this in an email from them today:

Prepare for Nonlead Ammunition
Starting July 1, 2016, nonlead shot will be required when taking upland game birds with a shotgun, except for dove, quail, snipe and any game birds taken in licensed game bird clubs. In addition, nonlead shot will be required when using a shotgun to take resident small game mammals, furbearing mammals, nongame mammals, nongame birds and any wildlife for depredation purposes.

Although full implementation of the nonlead ammunition requirement for most big game calibers doesn’t go into effect until July 1, 2019, CDFW urges California hunters to start acquiring and practicing with nonlead ammo well before 2019.

Gatorfan said:
ivhunter said:

thanks

Got this in an email from them today:

Prepare for Nonlead Ammunition
Starting July 1, 2016, nonlead shot will be required when taking upland game birds with a shotgun, except for dove, quail, snipe and any game birds taken in licensed game bird clubs. In addition, nonlead shot will be required when using a shotgun to take resident small game mammals, furbearing mammals, nongame mammals, nongame birds and any wildlife for depredation purposes.

Although full implementation of the nonlead ammunition requirement for most big game calibers doesn’t go into effect until July 1, 2019, CDFW urges California hunters to start acquiring and practicing with nonlead ammo well before 2019.

yup all that is in my post see link

Couldn't hunt rabbits with a shotgun & lead shot today......Lead .17 HMR did just fine.....lol

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 7

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu