Another one we can argue over from d16

Attachments

• Johnny2.png
    Johnny2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • Johnny3.png
    Johnny3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
For this question I would have to go with the experts. When I say experts I mean the Boone & Crocket club and the Pope & Young club.
They seem to be the most professional organizations in the world of scoring antlers or for that matter any animal on the planet. So if it has a measurable point it counts as a point. So the antlers in your picture would be a 3 by ?.

Johnny -

You need to quit standing sideways when you are taking pictures. ;D

I say its a 3 by, it doesnt look like an eyeguard to me. The other one is a 4 by crazy mutated other side!! lol. I really like that second one.

IN JACKAFORNIA..THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED AN EYE GUARD..

I would say it counts as a score-able G-1 point but west coast it would still be called an eye guard. So a 2x with an long eye guard.

But, I think an eye guard needs to be within a certain distance from the base. Not sure about that part.

What does the other side look like?

BuckHunter said:
I would say it counts as a score-able G-1 point but west coast it would still be called an eye guard. So a 2x with an long eye guard.

But, I think an eye guard needs to be within a certain distance from the base. Not sure about that part.

What does the other side look like?

It's a 3x for sure

Eye guard. I have a buck that the eye guards stuck straight out forward, more like brow tines but it didn't make it an elk. That's a forky with a wang chung eye guard.

Because of the location I would say forkie with great eye guard. it is too low on the main beam to be a G-2. it is a measurable point. Not a 3x3 by western standards. :'(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu