3 days of scouting & checking cams

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
A good 3 days of driving around locally and one day in the IV.........Not a lot of doves seen and the dove drops like melons, corn, and wheat are long gone in the valley...Even MCC with tons of dove weed (turkey mullien) does not have the volume of birds it usually does (a few in a lot of places)...My feeling is, there's so much feed and water, they're highly dispersed.......................... :confused:

Lots of deer seen today and Friday I have at least 5 different bucks on the "Best 40"...A number of turkeys are showing and tons of quail seen...Both in the IV and MCC........... :blush:

ps...I hate mountainous lions.........:angery:

IMG_6313.JPG
IMG_0891 - Copy.JPGIMG_0861 - Copy.JPGIMG_0860 - Copy.JPGSTC_0784.JPGSTC_0950.JPGSTC_2055.JPGIMG_0849 - Copy.JPGSTC_2303.JPGIMG_0895.JPG

A good 3 days of driving around locally and one day in the IV.........Not a lot of doves seen and the dove drops like melons, corn, and wheat are long gone in the valley...Even MCC with tons of dove weed (turkey mullien) does not have the volume of birds it usually does (a few in a lot of places)...My feeling is, there's so much feed and water, they're highly dispersed.......................... :confused:

Lots of deer seen today and Friday I have at least 5 different bucks on the "Best 40"...A number of turkeys are showing and tons of quail seen...Both in the IV and MCC........... :blush:

View attachment 62797
View attachment 62798View attachment 62799View attachment 62800View attachment 62801View attachment 62802View attachment 62803View attachment 62804View attachment 62805View attachment 62806
Nice 3x2 and 2x2, that is a big mountain cat. Lordy

View attachment 62797
View attachment 62798View attachment 62799View attachment 62800View attachment 62801View attachment 62802View attachment 62803View attachment 62804View attachment 62805View attachment 62806
That is a big Lion. Definitely some shooter Bucks. Doves are everywhere. Lots of Quail. I need to start looking around for deer.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu