3 for 3 or 3 for 4 not really sure, dead dogs either way

Randomshot

Feb 12, 2012
Lakeside, CA
Got a call from a friend of a friend concerning some yotes that have been running rampant on his property. Well, I called Lungpopper and we figured a game plan to rid this property of these villains. We split up with the property owner (with me) and his son (with LP) since they are both new at predator hunting and were looking for some pointers. At the first stand I started calling and within 5 minutes we had a pack of three yotes running our way. They ran into the decoy and I hear my partner ask "when do I shoot"? I quickly replied "now will be a good time". The yotes winded the decoy and started to move out. I picked off the first yote at about 125. The second ran up the hillside and I barked him to a stop and hit him around 200. The third yote ran off. I switched to a coyote pup distress and 4 minutes later another yote starts working in. The yote hit some brush and I lost sight of it and then it shows up on the road broadside at 100 yards. I paned to get on it and pulled the shot. My partner gave me a quick "how did you miss him"? I sent a second shot at the dog on the run and connected at which point I replied "I didn't". We drug out two of the yotes and left the third lie. Now I'm not sure if this was a fourth dog or if it was the last of the first three either way mission accomplished.
Now for the pic part we only drug two out even though the third was visible so I only took pics with two. So much like Taff's badger according to LP it doesn't count.
3984fef11071b13455b4e965c852e611.jpg

You only get credit for 1.5 dogs. 2 in the pic and .5 deduction for wearing camo. Rules is rules.

:) nice job

Nice job! Sounds like your buddy has a little bit less of a problem now...

The one dog had a runny nose...

Hey I ended up with a badger... To make up for that one. I could've shot 3 or 4 since then too...

Ok full credit for running a EBR to kill um. Where are the pics of the gun

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu