3 T’s Tailwater Trout Today

Bigfin

Apr 18, 2020
Had to go out and get back to basics today . Got to the American River around 7 . I went to the point and started throwing a hand tied jig that imitates threadfin shad as soon as I took my second cast my other pole gets hit and then slammed tight lucky for me it was a small one bout 10 inches or I might have had to swim with the fishes a big one woulda gave me problems. After that I came back off the point and just threw the jig next to the other pole ! Wasn’t till about 9 am that I got my second fish and I swear I thought I could tell the difference between a bass bite and trout . I thought this one hit like a bass just bounced the tip a few times bass do that with night crawlers all the time but this was a trout not a huge one but a couple of pounds perfect for dinner . Had some friends come visit me there around 930 mom kept a close watch on her babies while dad just swam offshore . Man the babies came real close to me coulda hand fed em you see they spotted my crawlers too !! After they ate their meat they did like all good kids do and ate their greens ! Right ?? Had a good day might try again tomorrow depending on weather, until then tightlines BF 56A37B00-D8F5-416A-81BE-2DEB70AD4BD8.jpegE89DFC09-2076-496F-B594-862CAD5BCA71.jpeg8ED859D3-4F13-4210-BDC5-AA0E335D8D03.jpeg2C9CFFAC-3749-4E56-8747-0DE90590A682.jpegB8F9AB74-50BA-4620-9E6A-3CDADDAD8EA2.jpeg

Waterdog hey how's it going ? You been out at all ? Still miss the sniffer (just not wes) but this site is growing on me it feels like I can share more info on here without worrying about your spots getting blown up , plus its got a lot of real americans here !!! God Bless BF
Good to see you’re here to Bigfin. No I haven’t been out yet but that’ll change soon. Yep this is a great site. Good people here and good mods/management. I think some of us have found a new home here.

Great job dave nice fish. Yes this sight has more men then little cry babies and snow flakes like the sniffer. I feel the same way about being able to share here. Funny thing is bankers916 Matt told me stumpy was on fire Wednesday. Guess where he heard it from lmfao yes wes. Guees him and his boy got 30+ rainbows and browns trolling spoons 30' deep. Bern waiting for saturday to come but now it's full of thunderstorms! Guess I will be there sunday now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great job dave nice fish. Yes this sight has more men then little cry babies and snow flakes like the sniffer. I feel the same way about being able to share here. Funny thing is bankers916 Matt told me stumpy was on fire Wednesday. Guess where he heard it from lmfao yes wes. Guees him and his boy got 30+ rainbows and browns trolling spoons 30' deep. Bern waiting for saturday to come but now it's full of thunderstorms! Guess I will be there sunday now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope ya hammer them get some big boys in the back of stumpy . Tightlines Chris

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu