30-06 for everything???!

30-06 or bust for me in 2024. In a time where you have to shoot the newest cartridge and are called a fudd for shooting anything else. This season I will be leaving the custom rifles in the safe and will be shooting a Factory Browning X-Bolt in 30-06 for all my rifle hunts. I topped it with a Maven RS1.2 and will be shooting Hammer 151AH monos pushed by old reliable H4350.

I am really concerned that in 2024 the 30-06 is incapable of killing animals. Below is a list of my rifle hunts for this season we will see if this caliber is obsolete.

August Maui Axis Deer
September Antelope
Oct/Nov So Cal Deer
Nov 3rd Season Mule Deer
January Sonora Coues

Stay tuned, I will let you know in this thread if the bullets bounce off.

Oh one last thing it has a stock made out of some weird organic material???

View attachment 62454

My first deer rifle was a Springfield 03A3; which my dad sporterizeed, with a Weber K-2, on a trip to Colorado in 1961 the scope fogged up so I had to leave out in the seat of the jeep. When I got back home I sent it to Weaver to have it resealed instead the charged me $25 for a new one. I asked them to send it to TK Lee to put a 4minute dot in it. It’s in my son in-laws safe now, replaced with a Mod 70 270 and a Ruger 243, all the fire power you need

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu