300 Win Mag shooters

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
I have had 2 Savage 111 FCXP-3 model 300 Win Mags sitting in my safe for a few years now. These are the non-accutrigger models but I dropped the Rifle basix Sav-1 trigger in one of them and did my own alteration with a few snips of coils in the other. Both triggers are now crisp. My question is.. What scope are you utilizing for hunting? I recently picked up a Leupold VX-2 in 3-9x40 with the Duplex reticle....would you recommend this scope for a 300 win mag?

PS...This is for a hunting rifle not a bench rifle. Thanks in advance.

Dee

It is an excellent scope. Go with it and smash some stuff!

that is a great caliber and a great scope. ur set to go hunting. i have a nikon bdc 4-12x40 on my 300winmag. it shoots great, and it reaches LONG distances. good luck :)

Thanks, Snake Charmer. Only place I will do my business for any firearm related items after meeting John. Sad part is my work schedule has been so crazy I haven't been back in to see him. My plan is to take this 300 win mag and scope in for them to mount and boresight within next couple weeks.

Snake Charmer said:
B619, I think you are on the right track. buy some good quality mounts (S&K, Warne or Leupold) and you'll have a reliable rig. P.S. Fine Firearms in La Mesa can help you with this..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu