.308 Barnes TTSX load results in Tikka T3

Andy599

619-204-2325
Aug 26, 2012
La Mesa
I have been working on building a pig/deer hunting load for my new Tikka T3 I decide to use Barnes TTSX bullets for this load with the recommended Varget Powder I ran tests from 42 gr. going a half a grain per step up to 44 grains. The results are seen in the photo.This is at 100 yards and the group is just over 1". It's not perfection yet but I will be trying a few different powders to see if this is the best we can get. This test was done at P2K indoor range with a Caldwell lead sled and 75 lbs. of shot holding it all down. If anybody has any comments or suggestions please feel free to post them, that's what this forum is for anyways right, let's use it so that we can all learn for each others trials and hopefully save each other some headache.

Attachments

• IMG_9545.jpg
    IMG_9545.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 108
Looks like a solid Minute-of-squirrel group to me. My recommendation is that you take that load and go shoot a pig with it! 8) You most likely won't be shooting it from a bench while hunting, so getting that last .5 MOA isn't a big deal.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu