5 reasons why bowhunters miss

interesting quick read. but who around here is a new bow hunter. aren't we all great shots out to 75 yards after a few hours in the back yard?

oh wait ??? i just got my first hunting bow and im still back at 20 yards being happy with 10" groups. :-[ :-[ :-[

GSPman said:
interesting quick read. but who around here is a new bow hunter. aren't we all great shots out to 75 yards after a few hours in the back yard?

oh wait ??? i just got my first hunting bow and im still back at 20 yards being happy with 10" groups. :-[ :-[ :-[

I believe it's happen to all of us beginners. we practice like no tomorrow.
time to take the shot and we go where did I go wrong :-[
Yes it's happen to me too. :-\

Ghost

I have a lot to learn. Hoping to hit basspro this weekend and pick up my first bow. I've gotten bored with rifles and reloading. I need to take up a new skill

coyotekid87 said:
I have a lot to learn. Hoping to hit basspro this weekend and pick up my first bow. I've gotten bored with rifles and reloading. I need to take up a new skill
I believe it's very rewarding, but it is a lot tougher.and it takes time.

Ghost

Good read. Every time I get amped and there is a deer in range whether it be the baby buck or big doe I draw back control me breathing and aim just high to steady myself so when the time comes I'm more familiar with having a deer in the sight. Just me cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akrem44 said:
Good read. Every time I get amped and there is a deer in range whether it be the baby buck or big doe I draw back control me breathing and aim just high to steady myself so when the time comes I'm more familiar with having a deer in the sight. Just me cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Draw and anchor even if you don't plan to release, just for practice so you don't freeze when the time comes.

All good points, and even us longtime bow hunters some times forget and make a mistake or two..

Good read. A lot of good points for a first season bow hunter like myself. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Point 4 is good. I've never really thought of practicing with the hunting gear on to get a feel for it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu