6.5 high BC bullets

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Anyone have any experience with the nosler 142g. I see they are claiming .700+ BC?
Currently shooting a 6.5/284 with burgers and ELDX was thinking of trying them

Last edited:
The Nosler AcuBond BC's are overstated. There is some pretty credible information that claims that the 142's BC is in the low 620's. This was done with dopler radar when tested. Now, regardless of being overstated, 620's are incredible for such a small bullet.

I have a box but have not tried them yet. From what I have read, they can be finicky.

Reactions: KoozeDeer
The Nosler AcuBond BC's are overstated. There is some pretty credible information that claims that the 142's BC is in the low 620's. This was done with dopler radar when tested. Now, regardless of being overstated, 620's are incredible for such a small bullet.

I have a box but have not tried them yet. From what I have read, they can be finicky.

Hmm good info thanks! To be honest I was skeptical of those BC's. I'll be interested to hear how they shoot for ya. Also at what FPS they still get good expansion.

Here is the test figure for the Acubond 142's by velocity.Nosler264cal142grLRAccubond.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu