6mm death ray

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
So had a interesting night. My second dog in a week was a rough one. Saw one at 200 yards with the wind ripping hard full value left to right. I hit the howler to freeze him and let it fly. I held just off the left side and wtf the bullet impacts exactly where the cross hair was clean miss 1" off. The dog spins and takes off so thank god the state gives me a 10 round mag I let 3 fly this time leading just a tad. The 3rd one connects and the dog flips and rolls over a edge. I drive down to where he is and start looking. Damn if the dog is alive still. I can hear him in some stupid thick brush. So here we go its close quarters combat. Every time I get a spit second to shoot I fail and miss. 6power blows at 20 yards. I switch to irons and clip him again. Now I'm in pushing the brush. I see fur at 10 yards in the brush and let one rip. Solid game over.

So I suck for missing the first shot. Only thing I can figure is the wind was ripping on the ridge but calm below. So my hold was off by a few inches ? This was a big old bad ass dog......

pic
20130606_195259_zpsf3afb217.jpg

Aeon said:
So had a interesting night. My second dog in a week was a rough one. Saw one at 200 yards with the wind ripping hard full value left to right. I hit the howler to freeze him and let it fly. I held just off the left side and wtf the bullet impacts exactly where the cross hair was clean miss 1" off. The dog spins and takes off so thank god the state gives me a 10 round mag I let 3 fly this time leading just a tad. The 3rd one connects and the dog flips and rolls over a edge. I drive down to where he is and start looking. Damn if the dog is alive still. I can hear him in some stupid thick brush. So here we go its close quarters combat. Every time I get a spit second to shoot I fail and miss. 6power blows at 20 yards. I switch to irons and clip him again. Now I'm in pushing the brush. I see fur at 10 yards in the brush and let one rip. Solid game over.

So I suck for missing the first shot. Only thing I can figure is the wind was ripping on the ridge but calm below. So my hold was off by a few inches ? This was a big old bad ass dog......

pic
20130606_195259_zpsf3afb217.jpg

Same gun you are trying to sell? Looks like it is your lucky charm! lol

I have two built by Dan Carey, This one is in 6mm WOA it's a 6.8spc necked down to 6mm. It's a wildcat and i have to reload everything for it.

The one i am selling is in 204 ruger :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu