7mm mag wont chamber the round

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
my father left me his rem 7mm mag ,was into reloading and mods far as i know it has a mauser action know any good gunsmiths to have it checked out.

Are you trying to chamber a reload or a factory round?

thats a good question took it to p2000 factory rounds could not close the bolt tried bran new from behind the counter same results could my fathers reloads been necked down to fit

Too many possibilities and questions to speculate on what the issue might be without having the gun to inspect. Duncan's up in San Marcos has a good smith and I believe Fine Firearms in La Mesa has one now to. If you are not well versed with this kind of stuff a gunsmith is a good safe bet.

One question, are you hand feeding the rounds into the chamber or putting them in the magazine and using the bolt to feed the chamber. If you are hand placing them in the chamber it may be that the claw extractor is is so stiff it is not climbing over the rim of the case as you try to cam the bolt shut. I've seen this a time or two before.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu